WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been looking into getting an analog G with a very legible chrono. Thanks to member feedback here, I've been looking into the GW-A1100. Is there any reason why it didn't get mentioned much here, recently not in searching past posts? I know it doesn't have an hourly beep nor a light. However, it looks pretty good for functionality in an all analog model.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
1, gravity masters anagital wins over analog
2. price point
3. gw-3000, gw-3500 smaller, move colorful, and we already have these
4. f17 members are more likely to spend money on digital, anadigital than analog
5. sometimes, the release time is just not right, maybe people already spent on or saving for something

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1, gravity masters anagital wins over analog
2. price point
3. gw-3000, gw-3500 smaller, move colorful, and we already have these
4. f17 members are more likely to spend money on digital, anadigital than analog
5. sometimes, the release time is just not right, maybe people already spent on or saving for something
Thanks. For points 1&3, the Anafrog and the MRG/MTG/MST get plenty of adoration.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For point 3, the 3500 is AniDigital and the 3000 uses the tiny subdial for the chrono.

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
I owned at least 3 different versions of this watch. It's a pretty nice watch, comfortable, good looking. Lack of a backlight not ideal. I think I sold mine because my attention got diverted to other models like the GPW-1000.

They came out 5-6 years ago at least, so that's probably why they're not seen on here often.

Reactions: GrouchoM

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I owned at least 3 different versions of this watch. It's a pretty nice watch, comfortable, good looking. Lack of a backlight not ideal. I think I sold mine because my attention got diverted to other models like the GPW-1000.

They came out 5-6 years ago at least, so that's probably why they're not seen on here often.
Another small stopwatch subdial. ☹

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
Another small stopwatch subdial. ☹

Yes. I don't think I ever used the stopwatch on the GPW-1000. I do remember using it often though on the GW-A1100. (don't recall what the measurement limit was on it)

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
I've recently been looking into getting an analog G with a very legible chrono. Thanks to member feedback here, I've been looking into the GW-A1100. Is there any reason why it didn't get mentioned much here, recently not in searching past posts? I know it doesn't have an hourly beep nor a light. However, it looks pretty good for functionality in an all analog model.

Love mine...

Watch Analog watch Clock Sports equipment Wrist

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
It probably just fell through the cracks. It was released at a time when there were several other high end G-Shocks and those over shadowed it. it is a nice watch and looks very good in person. It seems well made without any resin creaking sounds when you flex your wrist.

As for a analog G-Shock with a chrono that is easy to read, the Gravitymaster GPW-2000 is the big daddy. It is very easy to read. The lume is almost Seiko monster like and it has a LED backlight that you can use as a backup flashlight as it is so bright.

It also has multiband atomic sync, GPS sync and Bluetooth sync making it one of the few watches to have all 3 sync features (along with a few Oceanus models)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It probably just fell through the cracks. It was released at a time when there were several other high end G-Shocks and those over shadowed it. it is a nice watch and looks very good in person. It seems well made without any resin creaking sounds when you flex your wrist.

As for a analog G-Shock with a chrono that is easy to read, the Gravitymaster GPW-2000 is the big daddy. It is very easy to read. The lume is almost Seiko monster like and it has a LED backlight that you can use as a backup flashlight as it is so bright.

It also has multiband atomic sync, GPS sync and Bluetooth sync making it one of the few watches to have all 3 sync features (along with a few Oceanus models)
The GPW-2000 uses the little subdial for stopwatch.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I like mine a lot although I don't wear it as often as some others (e.g. the Q1000 Gulfmaster) because 1) it doesn't have an LED, 2) is not an ana-digi, and 3) doesn't have great lume (the Seiko Tuna beats everything in that department as far as I'm concerned). But it looks good, has sapphire, and I do bust it out when it's sunny and I'm in the mood to wear it 😊

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
For point 3, the 3500 is AniDigital and the 3000 uses the tiny subdial for the chrono.

i meant the gw-4000 not gw-3500

you are funny, you asked why? I gave you the reasons the way I see it. DONE !

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i meant the gw-4000 not gw-3500

you are funny, you asked why? I gave you the reasons the way I see it. DONE !
I didn't mean any disrespect. I was just challenging your assumptions as to why there's not much buzz on f17 about this model.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also, the GW-4000 doesn't use the main dial for the stopwatch. Docbrauni is correct that this other non-G models use the main dial for stopwatch.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
For a watch with no backlight, it’s lume is pretty decent, especially for a Casio. It went thru the full night for me before.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts