WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I owned it for a while. I loved the design and overall look of it. A few things I didn’t like:

1) too big and too thick for my 6.5inch wrist, despite not heavy.
2) some functions are not very practical on analog. For example, to shift to world time mode, you need to wait a minute or two for all the hands to spin to show 2nd timezone, then spin back to home time. Very slow. Similarly for timer or stopwatch, you need to wait for hands to spin to the right position to begin.
3) date window is too deep and hard to read.
4) not a issue for me at all, but there are some complaints about smart crown, that it gets accidentally unscrewed easily.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I owned it for a while. I loved the design and overall look of it. A few things I didn’t like:

1) too big and too thick for my 6.5inch wrist, despite not heavy.
2) some functions are not very practical on analog. For example, to shift to world time mode, you need to wait a minute or two for all the hands to spin to show 2nd timezone, then spin back to home time. Very slow. Similarly for timer or stopwatch, you need to wait for hands to spin to the right position to begin.
3) date window is too deep and hard to read.
4) not a issue for me at all, but there are some complaints about smart crown, that it gets accidentally unscrewed easily.
Thanks for those observations! I believe you can start the stopwatch before the hands set to noon. They'll catch up to the correct time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
you are probably right. I recall it has the flyback function too, that while stopwatch is running, one press of a button and it restarts immediately.

Thanks for those observations! I believe you can start the stopwatch before the hands set to noon. They'll catch up to the correct time.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
cos its pushing 8 years old now, hence nothing recent. the gwa1000 is even older.
it was actually quite popular on here when they were new cos they were the start of the resurgence of the aviators which pushed the brand towards models like the gpw1000 and the gwrb1000. coupled with the mtg's it was also a big help in making high end analogs a thing for gshock.
they were a good size and rather light weight. the fc comp models classed things up with the bracelet and made for some very comfy wearing. the 1a2 and fc colourways are still some of the best looking all analog Gs ever imo

but of course being all analog using any functions at all is like trying to do a finishing move in mortal kombat. if you regularly use other functions, forget it.... actually forget analog in general, the format is simply doesnt lend itself to clear visibility on all functions.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
To those with this watch (or the similar Oceanus or Edifice), is the minute counting hour hand easy to read in stopwatch mode? It's much to short to reach to minute markers.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
To those with this watch (or the similar Oceanus or Edifice), is the minute counting hour hand easy to read in stopwatch mode? It's much to short to reach to minute markers.
Honestly I pretty much never use the stopwatch on this model because ana-digis are so much easier to read and you have to leave timekeeping mode to do it. So not really easy to read. It will do in a pinch, but ... meh 😐

·
Registered
Casio G-Shock DW-5600MS (on DW-5600E bezel and GW-5000 band)
2,341 Posts
cos its pushing 8 years old now, hence nothing recent. the gwa1000 is even older.
it was actually quite popular on here when they were new cos they were the start of the resurgence of the aviators which pushed the brand towards models like the gpw1000 and the gwrb1000. coupled with the mtg's it was also a big help in making high end analogs a thing for gshock.
they were a good size and rather light weight. the fc comp models classed things up with the bracelet and made for some very comfy wearing. the 1a2 and fc colourways are still some of the best looking all analog Gs ever imo

but of course being all analog using any functions at all is like trying to do a finishing move in mortal kombat. if you regularly use other functions, forget it.... actually forget analog in general, the format is simply doesnt lend itself to clear visibility on all functions.
As a Fighting game enthusiast, that MK reference was 🤣
I play Tekken 7 most of the time now. Best fighting game right now, bar none.

Reactions: Tetsu Tekubi
21 - 30 of 30 Posts