WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of them has the Bluetooth and the other has stainless steel case. If someone has experience with both of them, it would be nice to hear from you.

I like bluetooth as setting time and alarm would be a breeze. At the same time stainless steel case sleeper look is cool too. What would you pick?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
B5600 has many handy features that 5000 doesn't have... so it's up to you to determine if they are the game changer for you.
Personally, these make a difference to me:
1. LOUD alarm
2. World time <-> Home time swap

·
Registered
243 Posts
Unlike ChronoSage I think the bluetooth is a nice thing to have in two situations, both of which apply to me:

1. You live in a location where MB6 doesn't function.
2. You travel a lot across timezones and daylight saving zones.

I would love it if my GW-5000 had bluetooth. Or it I could find a bluetooth-enabled square with a positive display I liked I would be a happy man.

Mike
Mike

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The Bluetooth on my GMW-B5000 is useless for me. The G Shock Connected app has terrible reviews on the Play store and rightfully so. The connection breaks and I have to wipe the watch and app to reconnect every time.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
The Bluetooth on my GMW-B5000 is useless for me. The G Shock Connected app has terrible reviews on the Play store and rightfully so. The connection breaks and I have to wipe the watch and app to reconnect every time.
So I’ve heard. I expected the same problems since I’m the least tech savvy person I know, but I’ve had absolutely zero issues. Odd. I’d be quite annoyed if I couldn’t get it to work, especially since the battery life indicator can only be accessed via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah the battery charge symbol is the only reason I'd ever use the Bluetooth. But that's not a pro for Bluetooth; it's a big con that Casio didn't put the battery charge on the watch display like other squares.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It worked fine for me under Android 8.x but has been unreliable with Android 9.x. Will sync only with the screen on and the app "in focus."

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Yeah the battery charge symbol is the only reason I'd ever use the Bluetooth. But that's not a pro for Bluetooth; it's a big con that Casio didn't put the battery charge on the watch display like other squares.
Yup, my only gripe about 5he watch, but it is a big one. Luckily, I find the aesthetics incomparable in the square lineup besides the full metal. I have the blue dial and it is gorgeous.

·
Registered
527 Posts
1. These two watches are not in the same price range.
2. These two watches are totally different.

Is this even a choice? What are you really asking?

The screen on the GW-B5600BC-1BJF is negative. It costs somewhere around $75 or so less than a GW-5000.

Are you asking if the GW5000 is worth the extra $75 over the GW-B5600BC-1BJF given that it has a much more legible positive display, DLC coated stainless case with screwback rated for 200m WR, but lacks bluetooth?

I'm asking a rhetorical question.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The resin gw-b5600 Gs are roughly $180 and the gw-5000 is $240. I ordered the 5000 yesterday with 15% off - $204!
And that same yesterday only, mobile-only coupon made the GW-B5600 $153, correct?

Also, if you could show me the link to the $240 brand new GW5000, please let us know!

·
Registered
561 Posts

did you notice threads complaining/concerning about bluetooth syncing ?
some want accurate time, yet, wasting time to make it accurate ? for what purposes of life ? heck, spending time in this forum is already a waste of time

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1. These two watches are not in the same price range.
2. These two watches are totally different.

Is this even a choice? What are you really asking?

The screen on the GW-B5600BC-1BJF is negative. It costs somewhere around $75 or so less than a GW-5000.

Are you asking if the GW5000 is worth the extra $75 over the GW-B5600BC-1BJF given that it has a much more legible positive display, DLC coated stainless case with screwback rated for 200m WR, but lacks bluetooth?

I'm asking a rhetorical question.
$75 price difference is immaterial to my purchase decision. I am looking to buy a single digital watch for my collection. I have looked at even more expensive ones but I seem to like the look of only these two. I like the 5000-1JF more. I just wanna check if Bluetooth is really worth the trade off.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have 5 watches with Bluetooth functionalities and an Android phone and never had any problems with syncing, neither with the Pixel 1, Pixel 2 or my Pixel 3.
I just checked and the GW-B5600-HR that I was wearing for the past 3 days has synced every 6h, as shown in the App, withing the Time sync options.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts