WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... and its not the dw-5000 but the marlin w-300

see the red square shape, the marlin instead of the shock logo, above we have the casio logo, on left side adjust and mode,...they have some in common...

here is another pic i wanted to share, SAME TIME, SAME DATE (look carefully, hehe)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
106 module has same stuff as 240 module and it's not as bold as 240 and gw-m5600 looks like the dw-5000.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi

Nice Fonklover! I'm love the old Marlins and look forward to finding a good one someday. Love the catalogue pic with the same time.

I see you like The Police, me too. The recent concerts have been way to expensive but I have seen Sting as a solo act. Sting has had several Casio's over the years, which models has he worn? I'm gessing you are the Guy to ask!

Regards

Matt

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Nice Fonklover! I'm love the old Marlins and look forward to finding a good one someday. Love the catalogue pic with the same time.

I see you like The Police, me too. The recent concerts have been way to expensive but I have seen Sting as a solo act. Sting has had several Casio's over the years, which models has he worn? I'm gessing you are the Guy to ask!

Regards

Matt
hi matt

sting wore many casios and i still wonder who had the idea? sting himself or did casio offer watches to the police?

it was sting who got me into marlins. i always usd to think he wore a f-91w, like i had as a child until i could take a closer look...

from 1980 to 1981 he wore the marlin w-100 (or h-110), and stewart wore the w-150 or H-101 (both seen on the photos from recording sessions on montserrat for the ghost album).

from 1981 till 1984 he wore the j-100 (jogging). quite a long time for such a watch with no light and many unusual buttons on the side , wonder if he didnt like the marlin anymore. and what happened to it???? :-d

then from 1985 till 1987 he wore the dw-5400 (NOT the 5700 as many call it the sting, but it was only introduced in 1987, i have pics of sting with the round watch from 1985).

and then he got richer and richer and the 80s passed by, i dont know what he is wearing now.

i was at a police gig in vienna in 2007, it was ok, but not as cool as the videos i have seen from early times, recording ghost album or live in chile vina del mare, in essen in 1980, etc....

here is an older thread about sting and casio
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=56107&highlight=sting

my pleasure,
gerry

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Not a G, but close...

Looks like a predecessor to me...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dw-1500 is very cool, sadly they didn put a marlin on it instead of a snorkler.... :roll:

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts