WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
"Whatever you need, Leo GETz!" :LOL:

It's your watch trying to get the atomic time radio signal, that's the real answer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
In timekeeper mode and press D. "GET" and "8.31" flash in the upper right corner and "1:08" shows as the time. What's going on? Some kind of diagnostic?
I'm also new here on the forum, so maybe it's not my place to jump in with answers that long time users are better qualified and should be giving but feel sarcasm is more appropriate to their status. Ignore the detractors, ask your questions and join in the discussions. After all, Isnt that the point of fora?
Yuhas.dave.. welcome to WUS
Your watch as Watch_geekmaster and Longtimelurker have already helpfully said is trying to sync with atomic time signal and 31st Aug was the last time this was achieved. Its nothing to worry about and was probably a result of the watch being stored in its tin before selling. Place it on the window sill overnight and it will likely sync. Some locations may get better reception than others, so if it doesnt work try it again in a different part of the house. My own watch (a 5600) also displays RCVD in tiny letters when it has successfully synced. I imagine the 5610 will display the same.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Novio is spot on, your watch is telling you the last time and date that it managed to 'GET' an atomic time signal.
Assuming it's a new watch, the time might be set based on the local time at the factory.
Make sure your home city is set correctly (so the watch knows which transmitter to look for) and it will automatically try to sync in the early hours of the morning, because the signal is stronger at night.
If you follow the instructions to sync manually and manage to get level 2 or 3 signal strength, it should sync during the day and RCVD will appear on the screen as confirmation.
RCVD means that the watch successfully picked up the signal within the last 24 hours.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome Yuhas.Dave and keep the questions coming. This is a forum like many where new people join all the time and we constantly revisit the same topics. If people cannot stop themselves from tutting and sighing and making disparaging remarks in these situations they need to look to themselves IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Novio is spot on, your watch is telling you the last time and date that it managed to 'GET' an atomic time signal.
Assuming it's a new watch, the time might be set based on the local time at the factory.
Make sure your home city is set correctly (so the watch knows which transmitter to look for) and it will automatically try to sync in the early hours of the morning, because the signal is stronger at night.
If you follow the instructions to sync manually and manage to get level 2 or 3 signal strength, it should sync during the day and RCVD will appear on the screen as confirmation.
RCVD means that the watch successfully picked up the signal within the last 24 hours.
Thanks.

·
Registered
G-Shock & Zelos ATM
2,718 Posts
I searched for "GET." No result. The only other option was to read the entire manual, cover to cover, in the hope I find it.
I found it much easier to get to play around with the watch after reading the watch. Plus next time you have a deeper understanding of how the functions work which may be to your advantage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts