WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.
I just bought these watches and I have problems with the automatic EL.
Why does not works when I incline the wrist?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hello to everyone.
I just bought these watches and I have problems with the automatic EL.
Why does not works when I incline the wrist?
Is it dark? Have you activated a.el?
The 5610 has a solar panel that also acts as an ambient light sensor, it will only illuminate the back light if it’s dark.
DW5600s don’t to my knowledge have auto illumination, my DW-D5600-P does.
If you have a solar watch with auto illumination the setting will remain on until deactivated.
If you have a non-solar watch with the function it will only remain on for a fixed period of time before deactivating (think either 4 or 6 hours)

First thing, have you got the little a.el indicator showing on the screen? This shows the function is active, to turn it on/off hold the light button for 3 seconds (on 5610 this is upper right button)

HTH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
The DW-5600 doesn't have auto EL.

With the GW-M5610, are you trying the auto EL in dim enough light? It won't activate if there is sufficient ambient light.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, activated but does not works, never in the dark!
Is it dark? Have you activated a.el?
The 5610 has a solar panel that also acts as an ambient light sensor, it will only illuminate the back light if it’s dark.
DW5600s don’t to my knowledge have auto illumination, my DW-D5600-P does.
If you have a solar watch with auto illumination the setting will remain on until deactivated.
If you have a non-solar watch with the function it will only remain on for a fixed period of time before deactivating (think either 4 or 6 hours)

First thing, have you got the little a.el indicator showing on the screen? This shows the function is active, to turn it on/off hold the light button for 3 seconds (on 5610 this is upper right button)

HTH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,983 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes, activated but does not works, never in the dark!
I wonder if the battery level is too low to allow its use, I suspect if your watch is new and hasn’t had a chance to charge yet to upper medium or high charge level (see the gauge on the bottom right of display (l-m-h).
I know Casio’s disable certain functions if battery level is low.
If it is this then a few days sunbathing should help massively.
Other possibility is a faulty tilt sensor, it does occasionally happen and I know one of my 5610s is far more responsive than the other so there is clearly discrepancies in production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts