WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another Gshock for you square fans to check out. This is the GW M5625E, aka "Glorious Gold" that came out in 2008, one of the 25th Anniversary series. I like the anniversary models for some reason, maybe more than the 30th Anniversary but that's a post for another time. They make me feel like I'm holding a limited, 1 year only piece. Whether they are any more rare than others from the same year I honestly don't know.

IMG_20170112_192854.jpg

Got this used from the same Japanese seller I got the G5600CC I reviewed the other day. Being used it's not it tip top shape, there is a slight scratch on the crystal which I may try to buff out with polywatch or something. The resin is slightly discolored, not as clear as other pics I've seen. I sort of like the patina though, it's actually gold-ish like the namesake.

Not a screwback, but it has the slightly upgraded forged (not stamped) backplate in gold with the Haze 25th logo. The buttons, screws, and buckle are gold as well.

IMG_20170112_192935.jpg

It has the 3063 module which is atomic with 5 bands not 6, and solar. 5 alarms, snooze, hourly signal, stopwatch, timer, power saver, auto light.

IMG_20170112_193133.jpg Bad pic sorry, showing buckle, buttons, screws. As you can see in the pics the case is white not black which is neat.

Here's the light

IMG_20170112_193226.jpg

All in all a nice 25th. Not as flashy as all white or red, but very different than the standard black. I haven't synced it up yet, will try that tonight and add a pic in the daylight tomorrow on WUR Friday :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nice! You really like those gold LCDs huh?

I'd suggest against using Polywatch, it would be a waste of your time as it's meant for use with acrylic only. Someone recently suggested cerium oxide as a more effective polishing agent.

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like any and all squares and only squares :) Thanks for the cerium oxide tip, I'll research that a bit. Gotta ask, is CdrShepard a Mass Effect reference? If so are you as psyched about Andromeda as me?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah! Mass Effect ftw! I'd be psyched if my PC wasn't a wheezing wreck on the verge of death. Should build a proper one soon, but too many G's to look at..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts