WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Nobody's done this, not even Kung-Fusion?

I removed it once, but I don't remember. Anyway, I have only seen a couple of kinds of Casio buckles.

The first kind is easy, you stick a pin or dart or other thin object into one of the holes and press, and the spring compresses and the buckle comes out.

The second kind (this is for frogman buckles) is harder. You need to pull the buckle apart. For those, I take a pair of needle nose pliers, wrap the ends in tissue so they don't scratch the inside of the buckle, insert them into the buckle, and then with both hands pull the pliers open until the band falls to the floor. If you pull too hard you will warp the buckle, so just pull steadily until it falls.

I don't remember which kind of buckle the gw-s5600 has

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The buckle itself is the same design as the standard 20mm wide buckle, but held in with a rigid bar. I didn't really want to try with much force but it looks like I would need to bend the buckle a la Frogman :/

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
GW-M560D with carbon strap has buckle with holes on the side... you press in the hole with something pointy and the buckle falls off. It's quite simple, I can't imagine GW-S5600 is any diffrent?

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
The buckle itself is the same design as the standard 20mm wide buckle, but held in with a rigid bar. I didn't really want to try with much force but it looks like I would need to bend the buckle a la Frogman :/
it's thinner so it would need less force. The good thing is, even if it bends a little, you can always compress it again when you re-install it

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
GW-M560D with carbon strap has buckle with holes on the side... you press in the hole with something pointy and the buckle falls off. It's quite simple, I can't imagine GW-S5600 is any diffrent?

rogerlike is saying it is the rigid bar style, not the spring bar style

1 - 9 of 9 Posts