WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
It's a tough call, as they're two very different watches--one being all digital, the other analog-digital. Frankly, if you hardly use the timer features and enjoy reading analog time, get the AWG-M100B. If you do find yourself in the need of a stopwatch and/or countdown timer, plus like the convenience of having 5 alarms to set for tasks/appointments, then get the GW-2310FB. They do both have timers, but I find them easier to use on the all digital display. Also, if you do look at your watch at night frequently where you'd need to use a backlight, the GW-2310 will not only be easier to use (the prominent 5th light button), but it has a more readable amount of information. From what I recall, the LCD panels on the AWG-M100B do not light up. It uses one bright yellow LED at 6 o'clock that lights up the hands and hour markers (see photo). So forget about reading the date late at night.

Oh and last but not least, welcome to WatchUSeek! :-!

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Yes, the AWG-M100 has no backlight on the LCD and the LCDs are really tiny and hard to see - but it just looks so nice - have been wearing mine today, too but when I "need" the timer or stopwatch - it's not the best watch.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
The FB also has a negative black display and costs more than the regular positive display 2310.

a G-2310R is way cheaper than both, but lacks only atomic function, and still is solar.

All that aside, the FB is gorgeous.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty much set on getting GW2310FB-1, since it looks so nice all blacked out and all. The only issue is that I like in the UK and mostly all shops I've come by have either been out of stock for this watch or don't ship to the UK. So I guess my dreams of owning this watch have sailed. :(

·
G-Shock Mod
13,944 Posts
If it were my money, I would do GW2310FB because of the 24hr STW and CDT. The G also looks fantastic and fits great because the strap naturally wraps around your wrist

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
I'm pretty much set on getting GW2310FB-1, since it looks so nice all blacked out and all. The only issue is that I like in the UK and mostly all shops I've come by have either been out of stock for this watch or don't ship to the UK. So I guess my dreams of owning this watch have sailed. :(
I've seen loads of these available on eBay. I'm sure there are on-line watch shops that ship to the UK that may carry it. Amazon.co.uk does, but it's £150. TikTox doesn't, but they have other stealth themed G-Shocks worth taking a look at.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thing is, I'm not sure if eBay would be such a great place to get a G Shock watch, knowing all the fakes out there?

Also I've been thinking of the GA100 1A1 since it's also blacked out. If I can't get the FB, should I go for this?

·
Registered
391 Posts
On these two choices, I would go with the GW2310FB-1. The AWGM1000B-1A looks to "fancy" for a g-shock. The tough look is what I want in a G.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
There are certain G-Shock models that have been known to suffer from fakes like the 7900 Rescue and 9300 Mudman. The GW-2310FB is not known for fakes, neither is the AWG-M100B. The GA-100-1A has a similar stealth factor to the AWG-M100B, but has a larger/rugged feeling about it. There have been people on WUS who bought it, so search the website--I'm sure you'll find plenty of photos and details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts