WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking for a anadigi to replace the AWG M100 I sold a few years back

Love the look of the GW2500 my only concern is I have small wrists (6.5) Ive had the GW3000/3500 & 4000 absolutely loved em all but all were too big in hindsight.

So is the 2500 a buy or no buy? or should I just get another AWG and call it a day?

Let me know what you guys think

Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
don't have it but the ones who owns it around here LOVE IT
I don't understand why you think the GW-3500 is big to you, though, it is not big comparing to other regular out there

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They wear about the same.

Go for it!

Edit: To be fair, the 2500 is a little bit bigger than the AWG, but not by much — at least how it looks and feels to me on wrist.

I have an AWG, a 2500, and a 3000 and if you want I can post some comparison pics later when I have better light. Let me know.

View attachment 15810783
Thanks James

Yea a few comparison shots would be great thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
540 Posts
The GW-2500s are pretty amazing and wear really well, but they're getting very difficult to find in decent shape at decent prices. There are a few other Casio watches that use functionally identical modules that can had new for considerably less than what a nice GW-2500 will probably run you; look at the Lineage line. Also bear in mind the digital displays on negative display models are pretty much illegible under anything but bright sun, and the digital displays are not illuminated.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Thanks James

Yea a few comparison shots would be great thanks.

Ok, I'll take some pics later today and get them up this evening.

... There are a few other Casio watches that use functionally identical modules that can had new for considerably less than what a nice GW-2500 will probably run you; look at the Lineage line....
The Lineage M300D wears small and can be easily obtained new. I'm not a fan of the bracelet it comes on, but it's great on a 20mm NATO if you're into that kind of thing.

IMG_20180614_153817.jpg

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I got my GW-2500 from @nonconformulaic , a G-Shock savant, who commented above. :)

It's a way cool watch. Comparing it to the AWG-M100 (which I also have), and going from memory, I'd say the GW-2500 wears thicker. Just checked the specs...

AWG: 46.4 X 52.0 X 14.9-mm

GW-2500: 46.9 X 47.0 X 15.8-mm

So, yeah.. the GW-2500 is 0.9-mm thicker in actuality.

Some of the "downsides" of the GW-2500:
  • No backlight for the digital display panels.
  • No beep function when changing modes.
  • No hands shift function (to get them out of the way of the digital panels or subdials).
But, I still love my GW-2500!!

AWG-M100 (a great watch and a great value):

My wrist is 7 inches.

My standard answer to the question of "Which one should I get?" is.... Get both! :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ok, I'll take some pics later today and get them up this evening.

The Lineage M300D wears small and can be easily obtained new. I'm not a fan of the bracelet it comes on, but it's great on a 20mm NATO if you're into that kind of thing.

View attachment 15811187
The Casio WVA-M650 is another great option that's slightly less "dressy" than the Lineage LCW-M300 if you want something that's currently available and sort of G-Shock-ish, while if you want to go even "fancier" (sapphire) there's the Lineage LCW-M600. Pretty much identical modules as the GW-2500, minus the second time dial at 3 o'clock. Both are available in a variety of colors/finishes. A few long-discontinued MR-Gs (e.g. 7600) also use functionally identical modules, but those are even harder to come by than a nice GW-2500 at a decent price.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I'm sorry, I just don't understand the question! What the heck has the size of your wrist got to do with get a GW2500 or not? I have puny wrists, and it is one of my favourites, I also wear a GWG1000, and more recently, a Nubeo Manta (over 50mm case!). If you like the watch, wear it, if you don't get something else...

·
Registered
Custom DW5600E
1,033 Posts
No risk in getting the GW2500 first, if you don't love it sell it here no sweat. I will eventually get one under the same proposition.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sorry, I just don't understand the question! What the heck has the size of your wrist got to do with get a GW2500 or not? I have puny wrists, and it is one of my favourites, I also wear a GWG1000, and more recently, a Nubeo Manta (over 50mm case!). If you like the watch, wear it, if you don't get something else...

View attachment 15811804
Looks good on your wrist.

Like I said I've had bigger G's in the past but I prefer watches on the smaller side these days (The Gshocks I currently own are all squares.) The AWG wears fine so wouldnt want to go much bigger than that. The GW looks to be a similar size so wanted to get an idea of how it compares before I get one.

I appreciate everyones input so far. keep those pictures coming

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
I got my GW-2500 from @nonconformulaic , a G-Shock savant, who commented above. :)

It's a way cool watch. Comparing it to the AWG-M100 (which I also have), and going from memory, I'd say the GW-2500 wears thicker. Just checked the specs...

AWG: 46.4 X 52.0 X 14.9-mm

GW-2500: 46.9 X 47.0 X 15.8-mm

So, yeah.. the GW-2500 is 0.9-mm thicker in actuality.

View attachment 15811511

View attachment 15811558

View attachment 15811561

Some of the "downsides" of the GW-2500:
  • No backlight for the digital display panels.
  • No beep function when changing modes.
  • No hands shift function (to get them out of the way of the digital panels or subdials).
But, I still love my GW-2500!!

AWG-M100 (a great watch and a great value):

View attachment 15811515

My wrist is 7 inches.

My standard answer to the question of "Which one should I get?" is.... Get both! :)

It is interesting that the GW-2500 is thicker then the AWG. I always felt the opposite. Perhaps that is due to the GW-2500 having a strap that screws into the case(like the GWM500) which allows it to conform to the wrist better.

I find that if you cup your hand over the watch and place a finger sideways at 3 and 9 and then push the light button, the LED bounces off your finger and redirects to the bottom LCD. Of course if you have a negative display then you are screwed

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
It is interesting that the GW-2500 is thicker then the AWG. I always felt the opposite. Perhaps that is due to the GW-2500 having a strap that screws into the case(like the GWM500) which allows it to conform to the wrist better.

I find that if you cup your hand over the watch and place a finger sideways at 3 and 9 and then push the light button, the LED bounces off your finger and redirects to the bottom LCD. Of course if you have a negative display then you are screwed
It definitely sits taller on my wrist than the AWG. But, then I looked at the specs, and it's indeed a bit thicker. I think the metal bezel is a part of that equation.

Yeah... I learned the finger lighting trick here on WUS. :)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Much of the listed thickness of the 2500 is due to these small bumpers — about 1.35mm of height, according to my measurements. The main, metal portion of the bezel sits much lower, meaning that the watch doesn't feel as tall on the wrist as one might think.

When the height is measured from the side (at 3:00 or 9:00), the 2500 is actually slightly thinner than the AWG.

20210407-081855.jpg

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks for the input guys

I have a 2500 incoming ill post some pics when it lands.

Edit: ITS HERE!
Was expecting it tomorrow so nice surprise there.

Initial impressions, Love it! Fits great, better than the AWG actually probably due to the lug width.

I think the all black bezel would look better though so gonna see if I can find one. If anyone knows where I can pick one up let me know. (I'm in the UK)

This one is a keeper!

Thanks again to everyone for the help with this one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts