WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to build a twin ana-digi for a GW2000BD. So I picked up a well used GW2500-1a with the intention of swapping out worn resin and aluminum bezel to make a GW2500BD-ish watch. Step 1 is complete... the swap in of an MTG1200 bracelet (which would also work with the GW2000/GW3000/GW3500 models too). I picked that bracelet over the stock bracelet because:
  • I like the satin (almost matte) finish of the bracelet vs the glossy finish of the stock bracelet.
  • I liked the look of the composite elements that appear as the bracelet approaches the case.
  • The clasp has twin pads on it to protect it from desk diving... the stock clasp has no pads.
  • Ironically this nicer bracelet is $10 cheaper.
I used the end pieces from the GW2500 and they are a little too big - I had to cram the bracelet on to the end piece. I might try picking up the ones from the MTG1200 on my next parts order.

I still have some more work to polish the 2500's crystal (it was pretty beat when I got it) and to replace the bezels once they come in (need to order from PacParts). But you can check out the bracelet now if you are interested in doing a similar mod. In this pic you can see the clasp at the top with the two pads (similar to the GWA bracelets):
IMG_3885_768x1024.jpg

And here is another angle... in both pictures you can make out the satin finish:
IMG_3881_1024x1024.jpg

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I received the new end links for a MTG1200 and they fit the watch and band great. I also got a black bezel inner bezel, but forgot to pick up a cleaner outer bezel... so my Super GW2500 is almost complete. One more Pacparts order and a good crystal polishing and I think it will there:
IMG_4181.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts