WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My first post here!

I was wondering if anyone who owns the GW2500BD-1A can tell me if they find the orange LCD display too hard to read. I was reading a couple reviews around the internets and came across 1 or 2 of these complaints, but about 15 reviews that seemed great with no complaints regarding the LCD.

Can anyone here give their thoughts?:-s

·
Banned
5,317 Posts
welcome to the forum! sorry can't speak to that particualr model, just wanted to say Hey and I'm sure someone will pop up with just what you need.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have a GW-2500B and have no problems with the orange display. In fact, I think the orange helps with legibility. The only issue you may come across is that the hands may obstruct the LCD for a good portion of the hour.

The negative display may be a bit harder to read though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! From that screenshot, it looks very easy to read. I will be getting mine in the mail shortly, I trust I will love this watch, as it has all the features I could possibly want!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I own the GW2500-1A (which has the negative display like the GW2500BD-1A) and can attest that the negative display of the LCD is easy to read under relatively bright light. As noted by the screenshot provided by bulldog above (great shot, btw!), you can see it is very clear.

I do want to note that when it is darker, the LCD is a little more difficult to read. In complete darkness, the LED light from below the 6 o'clock position can only display the hands and nothing really (from my perspective, at least) on the LCDs. However, I purchased the watch knowing this aspect. If being able to see the LCD very easily is an important aspect, there is always the GW2500B-1A which has the positive display.

I really enjoy my watch and should write a formal review and put up pictures of what I got. I am sure you will enjoy your BD-1A... makes me wonder whether I should spring for the bracelet or not (which I believe I can get at tiktox.com...).

Archer6, I'm sure you'll have an opinion on the bracelet :)...

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
why casio decided to spend (once more, sadly) the lousy LED illumination on this series remains a mystery to me. it does nothing for the LCD parts and the glow of the hands is good to read in darkness anyway (for casio standards). totally misconception in my opinion and along with the 60min cdt. a 100% no-go.

regards, holger

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why casio decided to spend (once more, sadly) the lousy LED illumination on this series remains a mystery to me. it does nothing for the LCD parts and the glow of the hands is good to read in darkness anyway (for casio standards). totally misconception in my opinion and along with the 60min cdt. a 100% no-go.

regards, holger

I agree with your points... hopefully, it doesn't become a huge concern for me.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
When I decided to buy a solar/atomic G Shock, I wanted the full analog which have become hard to find less than retail. So, I decided to get the GW 2500 1A. I chose this model as with the negative display has a better look for me. Yes, sometimes the LCD is hard to read; but only in low light situations and even then you have the light. To me it looks full analog with the benefit of having the LCD.
I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys have all been incredibly helpful. Thanks for the posts, and if you have another photo, feel free to paste. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bulldog,

Cute avatar!. I was wondering if you, or anyone else here, has a problem with the 9 being the only number that isn't "glow in the dark". Maybe my brain will get around to knowing that it's "there", but I was wondering if anyone really found that bothersome.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
bulldog,

Cute avatar!. I was wondering if you, or anyone else here, has a problem with the 9 being the only number that isn't "glow in the dark". Maybe my brain will get around to knowing that it's "there", but I was wondering if anyone really found that bothersome.
It does not bother me, usually concentrating on the hands.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No. I have the watch and it is great. What do you mean by reading "orange" LCD...at night, well yes, but then the "orange" will have an alternate time zone, date, etc. Main time is shown. No problem reading the "orange."

·
Registered
25 Posts
bumped back up - I am interested in either the GW2500BD/B-1A

Question :

Some of these pictured have the metal strap - but all the one's I'm finding online have the resin strap - how do I specify one over the other ?

And does anyone know whose offering a deal on a metallic strap GW?

Cheers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As others have said, in anything but good light, the reverse LCD is hard to read. If it is dim, then it's pretty unreadable. That said, I still really like the watch. I keep meaning to write a review. If Casio had done two things the watch would approach perfection for me--add EL to the LCD portions and have some combination of buttons that moves the hands to 3:15 or something out of the way so the LCD's could be seen.

Mine has a metal band which is nice, but within a few days the black has worn off where my band rubs my desk when using my computer mouse. Oh well. I still like the watch :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts