WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see/hear if anyone has any experience with the new (at least to North America) G-Shock GW400J-1. It is solar powered & atomic along with assorted other goodies, but I have only been able to find 1 review. It sounds like a great watch, although a little on the pricey side (~$130.00 USD) & it kind of reminds be of a Frogman in style.
I would also like to hear form any GW1210-2A owners. As you can tell, I'm in the market for an atomic solar model & I'm having a tough time deciding between the two.
Appreciate any help that anyone might be able to give me.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Snowback,

I own an European G-1210 "Firestorm". It's very flashy, but the GW1210-2A looks good too. I have no big complaints about this watch actually. It's comfortable and it keeps time well. I believe it has a 60' timer. A 24h timer would have been better and the Super Illuminator doesn't light the sub dials. But that's both minor, since I wear this kind of watches more in my free time than at my work (rather have a resin beater).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
G-Shock Mod
14,402 Posts
to me, casio did a half a$$ job of bringing the GW400 over to the US

though all the feature works here in the US, the temperature is only measured in C (at least from the last time i've checked, as you already know, we measure temperature in F )

other than that, i think it was a decent G with loads of features with the usual complains about countdown timer from me :-D (only 60min, not 24hr. and i forgot if the stopwatch is only 60 min as well :-X )

the case / strap design fits smaller wrist size well too

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Hey Snowback,

I've actually got the GW 400 triple crown white model. Real quick..just as Stockae mentioned, there are some shortcomings in the features so you have to decide if those are deal killers or not. What I really like about this one is the shape and the way it fits on the wrist. Very comfortable and although it is a large watch, it feels small on the wrist...much different than a frogman.

If you're not averse to white, I'd seriously consider a white one...it's a neat look. There's also the Hawaiian Lifeguard version which is pretty cool too.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to me, casio did a half a$$ job of bringing the GW400 over to the US

though all the feature works here in the US, the temperature is only measured in C (at least from the last time i've checked, as you already know, we measure temperature in F )

other than that, i think it was a decent G with loads of features with the usual complains about countdown timer from me :-D (only 60min, not 24hr. and i forgot if the stopwatch is only 60 min as well :-X )

the case / strap design fits smaller wrist size well too
The review I read (http://www.watchreport.com/) says that the North American version has the temperature in fahrenheit and celsius. I'm really torn on these two. Like I said before, all coments & opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,402 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The watch report that comes up when you go to that link is from last year (my bad). If you hit "Home" & look down the page (2nd from the top I think), the author did another review November of this year & talks about the J-1 watch that is out now for North America & it has both temperature scales in it. Sorry for any confusion.

Here's the correct link:
http://www.watchreport.com/2006/11/the_casio_gshoc.html

·
G-Shock Mod
14,402 Posts
The watch report that comes up when you go to that link is from last year (my bad). If you hit "Home" & look down the page (2nd from the top I think), the author did another review November of this year & talks about the J-1 watch that is out now for North America & it has both temperature scales in it. Sorry for any confusion.

Here's the correct link:
http://www.watchreport.com/2006/11/the_casio_gshoc.html
i am hoping that some US GW400 owner can verify this :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been looking for a watch for a while now, and the g-shock GW400J-1 has the combination of features I'm looking for. The C or F for temp doesn't bother me.

Where can I get one? I searched (online) everywhere I can think of, and had no luck. Maybe one of you could point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Dan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts