WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well done oz2124. Looks great. Like the colour. Congrats and enjoy :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Thanks Deepsea, your KG looks great as well |>

Reactions: Deepsea_dweller

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Holy moley! That red resin is great! Is that from a gdx? And it fits the g6900?

Hi Matt

No that is the resin set from a GW-6900RD-4
Yes I like that shade of red but the watch it originally came on was a negative display. I never buy negative displays
so I put a RD-4 set on a G-6900A-7 instead

The GW & G6900 resins are swappable...

Here is of a pic of the GW-6900RD-4

gw6900rd-4.jpg

One of the G-6900A-7 I added that resin too

8.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Matt

No that is the resin set from a GW-6900RD-4
Yes I like that shade of red but the watch it originally came on was a negative display. I never buy negative displays
so I put a RD-4 set on a G-6900A-7 instead

The GW & G6900 resins are swappable...

Here is of a pic of the GW-6900RD-4

View attachment 4740034

One of the G-6900A-7 I added that resin too

View attachment 4740058
Hi Flying! Thank you for the info! That's very kind of you to elaborate on the details. I really love the positive display with the red resin. Very tasteful. Just out of curiosity why is it that you prefer the non atomic models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Reunited with the GW6900. First day out, had to take it for a swim just to check water tightness.

I had one of these a while ago and sold it for some reason. I honestly don't remember why. It's such a comfortable and functional piece. Lovely clear display. The band is soft and comfortable but I wish it was 2mm thicker and had a double pronged buckle. I may put it on a zulu with some strap adapters.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Hi Flying! Thank you for the info! That's very kind of you to elaborate on the details. I really love the positive display with the red resin. Very tasteful. Just out of curiosity why is it that you prefer the non atomic models?

Hi Matt

For me I prefer non solar as they are hassle free. I never have to think are they getting enough sun etc.
Nor do I have to tan them in a window....I bet that is great for resin year after year ;)

Also with batteries lasting 2-10 years a pop I don't think it is a problem price wise.
Lastly I find the battery models back-lights are brighter.

Atomic auto update I really have no use for as there is no signal here & judging by the tons of posts
many others have weak signals at best. I find I can if I want to...sync all 20 of my G's in under 20 minutes.

I do so once every 6 months not because they need it but because I think it makes a nice picture of them all on the same seconds.
But even after 4+ months they all vary a handful of seconds only from each other.

Yet I have seen folks here post side by side Rangeman & frogman they own & they will be 1.5 minutes apart so it seems the atomic is no garuntee
of anything better

I have not seen folks who buy all solar/atomic post many shots of their boxes with 10 G's
I would like to see it because they should all be showing the same time right? If not where's the beef? :)

Thanks for the compliment on the Red G6900 :-! I also have some black function buttons coming for that

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Matt

For me I prefer non solar as they are hassle free. I never have to think are they getting enough sun etc.
Nor do I have to tan them in a window....I bet that is great for resin year after year ;)

Also with batteries lasting 2-10 years a pop I don't think it is a problem price wise.
Lastly I find the battery models back-lights are brighter.

Atomic auto update I really have no use for as there is no signal here & judging by the tons of posts
many others have weak signals at best. I find I can if I want to...sync all 20 of my G's in under 20 minutes.

I do so once every 6 months not because they need it but because I think it makes a nice picture of them all on the same seconds.
But even after 4+ months they all vary a handful of seconds only from each other.

Yet I have seen folks here post side by side Rangeman & frogman they own & they will be 1.5 minutes apart so it seems the atomic is no garuntee
of anything better

I have not seen folks who buy all solar/atomic post many shots of their boxes with 10 G's
I would like to see it because they should all be showing the same time right? If not where's the beef? :)

Thanks for the compliment on the Red G6900 :-! I also have some black function buttons coming for that
Without a doubt those black buttons will look great!

I see where you're coming from with solar atomic not being important to you. I am lucky that where I live I don't need to worry about maintaining a charge. I just wear it. I'm also lucky that I get a signal for atomic syncing. It's very strange to me that a watch that syncs successfully regularly would be off from another doing the same. I think that is what you were saying. I wonder what the variables there are.

I liked that when I received my GW I just had to change the time zone and everything else was already set up and ready to go. Ultimate convenience. I think that's a good point about the batteries too. I'm not against them by any means, but I do like the solar idea. I suppose you can't go wrong with either provided you don't get a bad solar version, which I have read some reports of.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Without a doubt those black buttons will look great!

I see where you're coming from with solar atomic not being important to you. I am lucky that where I live I don't need to worry about maintaining a charge. I just wear it. I'm also lucky that I get a signal for atomic syncing. It's very strange to me that a watch that syncs successfully regularly would be off from another doing the same. I think that is what you were saying. I wonder what the variables there are.

I liked that when I received my GW I just had to change the time zone and everything else was already set up and ready to go. Ultimate convenience. I think that's a good point about the batteries too. I'm not against them by any means, but I do like the solar idea. I suppose you can't go wrong with either provided you don't get a bad solar version, which I have read some reports of.

Thanks Matt

Yes those black buttons kind of compliment the "RD" line look

On the G-GW series another nice thing is it does in fact have World Time too.

On the charging not being a problem I agree if you have only one or two watches.
But if you have 20-40 or more & if you like to rotate them all thru your wearing...Then I think
those are the folks needing to hang 5-10 watches at a time on a window sill etc.

On the solar vs battery issue simplicity aside in my case I also like to have various faceplate colors. I like the history of G
in the DW-6900 line & they had so many nice colors.

For now anyway ...due to the solar panels all G-GW6900's faces are black because that is the solar panel. They do give off a cool Tron
like look though in certain lighting

Here are my DW's showing different faceplate colors & the 1 GW .....not a great quality pic though

small dw6900box 7-4-15.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks Matt

Yes those black buttons kind of compliment the "RD" line look

On the G-GW series another nice thing is it does in fact have World Time too.

On the charging not being a problem I agree if you have only one or two watches.
But if you have 20-40 or more & if you like to rotate them all thru your wearing...Then I think
those are the folks needing to hang 5-10 watches at a time on a window sill etc.

On the solar vs battery issue simplicity aside in my case I also like to have various faceplate colors. I like the history of G
in the DW-6900 line & they had so many nice colors.

For now anyway ...due to the solar panels all G-GW6900's faces are black because that is the solar panel. They do give off a cool Tron
like look though in certain lighting

Here are my DW's & the 1 GW showing different faceplate colors not a great quality pic though

View attachment 4752178
I completely agree from a collectibility perspective that the solar feature could be annoying. The limitation on the faceplate colors is a good point that I hadn't considered. Very interesting. Being that I don't collect, and that I like the features and look, the GW6900 just works really well for me, but I totally get what you're saying. Nice collection by the way!!

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
I completely agree from a collectibility perspective that the solar feature could be annoying. The limitation on the faceplate colors is a good point that I hadn't considered. Very interesting. Being that I don't collect, and that I like the features and look, the GW6900 just works really well for me, but I totally get what you're saying. Nice collection by the way!!

Thanks Matt

I also just noticed your pic above captures that Tron look I mentioned.
I think that is a cool look too & have noticed it on my G6900 too

58bba2430ed28467ddffac243b66039f.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
What is the width of the strap at the lugs and what does it taper to on the 6900?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
The watch is very well built in China; if it was built in Japan the quality would have been exactly the same, BUT it would be more expensive.
So why would one wish for it to be made in Japan
?
For the life of me I can't understand why people insist on this.
Because it is from China, and name alone. I don't think people realize after World War 2 nobody bought things from Japan because of the name alone. People forget their history, very sad.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
It is hard to find that one watch that you feel comfortable wearing sometimes. I like dive style watches, the Riseman, and now the 6900. Maybe I like the round shape. But, some watches speak to you. If you know what I mean. If you wear something for alone time. You grow attached to it. The first thing I do when I wake up is look down at my wrist at the time. Sometimes I wake myself up to see the time so I am not late for work, and snooze myself. I've slept an extra hour or two and judged it with my watch. The EL button is handy in the dark when it is 5, 6, or 7 in the morning in the winter time.

Reactions: Phantasm

·
Registered
694 Posts
It is hard to find that one watch that you feel comfortable wearing sometimes. I like dive style watches, the Riseman, and now the 6900. Maybe I like the round shape. But, some watches speak to you. If you know what I mean. If you wear something for alone time. You grow attached to it.
Great post, agree totally. Have also felt a strong connection to the 6900 lately. It wears really well with the round shape. And the design speaks to me too.

181 - 200 of 222 Posts