WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
A recent shot of 2 of my 6900 boxes...(well actually one 6640 in there too ) ;-)

1.jpg

2.jpg

This last shot has my non-solar G6900 hanging in there :-!

I broke the solar panel on 12-16-15 & have converted it with a normal faceplate off a DW6900

I use this one everyday for swimming laps or I use the timer for making coffee because it never gets
put away. Instead it lives on a cabinet where I prep coffee with an aeropress & use its stopwatch a few times a day.

But battery still on High :think: I am curious to see how long this battery will go heheh :-d

3.jpg

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
A recent shot of 2 of my 6900 boxes...(well actually one 6640 in there too ) ;-)

I broke the solar panel on 12-16-15 & have converted it with a normal faceplate off a DW6900

I use this one everyday for swimming laps or I use the timer for making coffee because it never gets
put away. Instead it lives on a cabinet where I prep coffee with an aeropress & use its stopwatch a few times a day.

But battery still on High :think: I am curious to see how long this battery will go heheh :-d

View attachment 6923178
oh wow! If there's an award for most loyal 6900 fan, no contest, you sir, would bag the prize! :) makes me curious whats inside your other watch boxes.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

View attachment 6923162

View attachment 6923170

View attachment 6923178
Mike, I'm glad you cheated - you knew this thread was for G/GW 6900s, didn't you. This way I get another chance to see your glorious DW/GD-X6900 collection.b-)

kev

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Mike, I'm glad you cheated - you knew this thread was for G/GW 6900s, didn't you. This way I get another chance to see your glorious DW/GD-X6900 collection.b-)

kev
Hahah Thank You Kev :-!

Actually I did not look closely or realize it was just G/GW & I just paged back 1 or 2 pages.
When I saw this pic/post on page 19

I thought that is odd as I was sure I posted a more recent one :think:
Heheh well I will leave it now but I apologize to any G/GW purist.... as even my G6900 is more DW/GDX like these days

Actually with its non solar world time I guess a lot like a GDX in DW size ;-)

1.jpg

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Here's mine with some arts-ey photo-ey edit-ey thingy :D

Imho, the gw6900 is one great watch. Its exactly like the gwm5610 (except for being square :)) ) and does a little more (3 secs el and dual time display... ka-chow!) for me, the gwm5610 is maria sharapova, while the gw6900 is angelique kerber, the former is a little prettier, while the latter is a little better ;)

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
oh wow! If there's an award for most loyal 6900 fan, no contest, you sir, would bag the prize! :) makes me curious whats inside your other watch boxes.

Ooops sorry I did not see this when you posted :-(

Thank you & all I have in a couple other small boxes is more 6900's in different stages of tweaking :)

All variations of 6900 is what I like best in G-Shocks
They do everything I need & are not cluttered with features I will not use so...IMHO frees up more display ;-)

I really do enjoy all the 6900 flavors DW,GD-X & even G-GW... albeit do not have any at this time in pure G/GW

·
Registered
647 Posts
Today,i received my GW-6900. Took the bezel off,cleaned it and put the bezel on again. Now waiting for a new band and bezel.

DSC_0871.JPG

DSC_0873.JPG

By the way,thumbs up for Japan Post. Ordered december 1st,paid on the 3rd,send out the 4th and received it the 8th..... 1 week,a new record! |>

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Recieved mine this monday and after almost a week of wearing I am very much in love!!!

IMAG2579.jpg

IMAG2598.jpg

Although I have a 6,5" to maybe 6,75" on a good day, the watch is not as big as it comes up on wristshots, and even the infamous "flaring" of the strap is not that bad on my wrist, I seriously expected a bigger gap from all the pictures showing this watch on smaller wrists, which is why I have a 5600 strap on the way so I will try to see which one looks better on me:

IMAG2625.jpg

I got it for $66,00 from Amazon thanks to JohnQFord and TRSCP who went to went the extra mile to have it shipped to Croatia.
One fear I had about it was, since it was so cheap, that it is an old watch that has been sitting in a box for years so I was preparing for a possible new battery, if this one would not come to life, but I was DEAD WRONG!!! the watch came to me with the battery on M and it jumped to H literally after 2 minutes out of the envelope, while I was still admiring it! Looking at the batch number revealed that it is in fact a new watch - produced May 24.2016. so my fears were pointless :)

IMAG2650_1.jpg

It also syncs every night with L3 signal strength so I am very pleased!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Picked up this GW-6900 from the sales forum recently, in like new condition for an outstanding price. I had a spare bezel that I had painted the letters with Testors bright white paint so I switched it out with the stock one. I kind of like the brighter look.

Tom

Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more, than the traveling hands of time.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
In my fledgling collection, this is one of my favorites. For me, it's my nothing-wrong-with-it watch. It's smaller than my others so it wears comfortably on my smaller wrists. It's maintenance-free with the solar/atomic features. Finally, I just love the design. I got into G Shocks recently looking over GA110's for weeks trying to decide on one. After I dove in and actually wore G's day to day, I've discovered that it turns out I love 6900's, and this is the watch that kicked off the love affair. Dang, I like this watch.

20170211_223927.jpg

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
This Kermit looking guy came home with me.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MarkBishop

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Count me in - just got a GW-6900BC a week ago. It's likely going to be a keeper.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts