Registered
213 Posts
Count me in. The last G-shock I'll ever own. (I think...:p ) G-6900A-7

Sorry if this photo looks crappy b-)

Who among the owners of the white G-6900 had their straps yellowed? :think:

·
Registered
6 Posts
My second G-Shock, the GW6900BC-1JF arrived today from Japan. It's a shame it is made in China (not really, but I wished there stood Japan), but the quality of the bracelet is superb. The tough solar and atomic timekeeping are also nice features. Bought it via eBay, when it was shipped it arrived 2 days later in Belgium. The customs office took 7 days to open the package, but for some brilliant reason they didn't charge me. Now I need to get the bracelet adjusted to my size. Pictures will come later!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
The watch is very well built in China; if it was built in Japan the quality would have been exactly the same, BUT it would be more expensive.
So why would one wish for it to be made in Japan
?
For the life of me I can't understand why people insist on this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well it's simple actually. Do you prefer a car made in Germany, or do you buy a cheaper car that may even be beter made in China? When you buy it, it will be exactly the same pleasure. But when you'll sell it, do you think the car in Germany will be worth less or equal to then car made in China? Guess not. Watches are definitely not the same as cars, but people will pay more for something that isn't "made in China" even is the quality the same/better. Simple psychology, some people will care and some won't. I really don't care, but I prefer it tough.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Well it's simple actually. Do you prefer a car made in Germany, or do you buy a cheaper car that may even be beter made in China? When you buy it, it will be exactly the same pleasure. But when you'll sell it, do you think the car in Germany will be worth less or equal to then car made in China? Guess not. Watches are definitely not the same as cars, but people will pay more for something that isn't "made in China" even is the quality the same/better. Simple psychology, some people will care and some won't. I really don't care, but I prefer it tough.
So you want to make money on used G-Shocks? Even though finances is far from my area of expertise, I can easily recommend you other areas with FAR better financial return.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Just got my very first G Shock, a GW6900. So far I'm very pleased with it. I was worried that it would be too big, but I think it looks just fine on my 7.4" wrist. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374629247.930246.jpg

Reactions: mitadoc and Crater

·
Registered
489 Posts
I already posted this in WRUW, but I am super happy with the watch so it should be posted in someplace more archival! :)

I left it in the sun long enough to get to "high" but then played with the auto illumination so much it went back down to medium... I have to remember to stop doing that! Hahaha!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I left it in the sun long enough to get to "high" but then played with the auto illumination so much it went back down to medium... I have to remember to stop doing that! Hahaha!
Alternatively, leave it in the sunshine long enough to get to "high," then leave it out there for five more hours until it gets to "completely topped off!" :)

charge 6900.JPG

·
Registered
489 Posts
Alternatively, leave it in the sunshine long enough to get to "high," then leave it out there for five more hours until it gets to "completely topped off!" :)
That is an excellent tip... it took a very long time for my GWM500A to go from Medium to High (it arrived with a dead battery) so it would make sense that it would take a long time for it to go from "sort of high" to "actually high!"

..and I'm still using the auto illuminator. It is one of the small joys during my daily routine to end up in a slightly darkened stairwell and give my wrist a twist and see my watch light up. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
I already posted this in WRUW, but I am super happy with the watch so it should be posted in someplace more archival! :)]

How do you like the negative display? Looks fantastic with the EL lit up!

101 - 120 of 222 Posts