WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
I recently got into the solar/atomic crowd with the MTG900 and a GW6900A-7. The white band/bezel for the GW6900 are pretty scuffed up (though the glass and over-all condition of the bare module is pristine), so I bought the black band/bezel from the stock GW6900 and put them on (with shipping, bezel/band at pacparts, $20, can't beat that). I wanted black anyway, and you can't see any white from the main module unless you take the watch off and look directly at the back. The purple G button is actually working quite well with the all black setup.

As far as that white bezel/band goes....is it possible to reduce the scuffing by using a very fine grit sandpaper, or something else meant for plastics? I would like to dye them blue. Imagine a blue GW6900......

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Thanks again Mike! Posted it twice to broaden my chances at a response ;-).

·
Registered
772 Posts
Long time lurker, but was too much browsing involved to not buy my first G-Shock. So here it is, freshly arrived from Amazon UK - GW-69001ER

There are three more G's that i want already, did not think it would get so addictive so fast!
You're telling me. I got 5 G-Shocks all in the space of 5 months (eBay was very kind and productive): GLX5600 (Black), G7900MS (Yellow version that I've stealthed), G7900 Blue, MTG900, and now the GW6900A-7. That's about it for me until I hit the lottery and can start buying the aviation models!

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got this over at the sales section.

Haggled a good price for both, a BNIB and used GW6900. No prizes for guessing which is the used.

A little cleaning up and adjusting of the strap and all's good. ;-)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I just scrolled through all 16 pages of this thread to make sure I hadn't already posted pictures of mine....

I hadn't, but there are A LOT of pictures of non-solar DW-6900's in this thread! :-d

Here are my three GW-6900's, all with Casio adapters and aftermarket straps installed:

6900 trio may '14.JPG

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
141 - 160 of 222 Posts