WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got this a few weeks ago and I am still floored by what a good looking watch this is. IMO Casio cannot really improve on this design ... except for maybe a two prong strap and buckle like on the GW-56; Mudman; Frogman, etc... |>

Here are the glamour shots:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just recieved mine today,bought it so I would have a tide graph when I go to Myrtle Beach.
I gotta say,Im luvin it.Very comfortable and the size is great,I also like the negative EL in greeen.
Thought I would be sellin it after vacation but now that I have it on,it may be some time
before I get rid of it..

·
Registered
117 Posts
By far my favorite G as well. Has actually killed my thirst for other G's, since when I go digital, I grab this one every time...we'll see how long that lasts though :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
It's probably the most comfortable watch that I have owned. Big fan!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong :-d

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just got mine in the mail today... well yesterday since it is past midnight here.

·
Registered
935 Posts
GW 7900 the best looking G-Shock? Not in my book I'm afraid......the GW 9200 (in any guise, apart from maybe the pink one...) most definately holds that title.

·
Registered
944 Posts
^^ those particular RISEMAN's are no joke.. I like how they have a round case which give it it a traditional watch appearance.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Not a bad looking model, my only gripe with the 7900 series is the awefull strap gap on both sides of the strap where the strap meets the bezel. I personally love the look of the GD100MS on my wrist,...

·
Registered
469 Posts
I love the overall look and nearly bought one. What turned me off is that they had to stick a stupid tide graph and moon thingy on it. I opted for a black Riseman even though it's got temperature and a so/so barometer. They just don't seem to know how to leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
I love the overall look and nearly bought one. What turned me off is that they had to stick a stupid tide graph and moon thingy on it. I opted for a black Riseman even though it's got temperature and a so/so barometer. They just don't seem to know how to leave well enough alone.
before you slam GW7900B for features you don't use, I counter with: I live near Bodega Bay on the northern Californian coast. I bring my 3 kids to the beach, and I try for low tide, which my watch tells me. It also tells me the rise of the Petaluma river, so I know when best to fish. In addition, another hobby is astronomy and it's important to me to know when a full moon will wash-out the nighttime sky for observing.

Your "stupid" and "thingy" is of value to me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
In your case you get some utility out of those features and that's great. It's just that there's a market segment out there that prefers a durable atomic piece that merely looks cool like the 7900 and simply keeps good time. BTW, I said I love the look of the watch, so don't get all sanctimonious on me. Another reason I didn't buy it is that it's going for full or over full MSRP per Casio's site. I got the $220 MSRP Riseman for a buck thirty.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts