1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
I too had some concerns after see all the complaints but went ahead and got the watch. No regrets what so ever, it's an awesome watch. I also got 4 spare "screws" from American Perfit - An Authorized Distributor for Casio Accessories, Casio Parts, Casio Label Tapes and Casio Watches and various PDA Screen Protectors and Multi-Function Stylus Pens. at $0.75 each just incase (since I'm rough on watches). I figure if one ever comes out I'll just put a little super glue on a spare and pop it in.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
469 Posts
I too had some concerns after see all the complaints but went ahead and got the watch. No regrets what so ever, it's an awesome watch. I also got 4 spare "screws" from American Perfit - An Authorized Distributor for Casio Accessories, Casio Parts, Casio Label Tapes and Casio Watches and various PDA Screen Protectors and Multi-Function Stylus Pens. at $0.75 each just incase (since I'm rough on watches). I figure if one ever comes out I'll just put a little super glue on a spare and pop it in.
Just got mine an hour ago, and ordering backup screws is a really good idea. Either the site is non responsive, but I can't seem to locate those screws, or do you merely call them and let them know what you want? If you've got a link to the screws or can give me the part number for the replacement screws, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks, my friend! :-!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got a reply from Discount. They will price match shop4brand.com Sweet! $99 for a $150 watch.

·
Registered
111 Posts
These screws will not just "fall" out.There are like flanges on the bottom of the screw,you know what Im talkin about if youve seen pics.The gw7900 I have they dont
spin or move at all.I have read where people say they have came out but I dont see how.It is a possibility if they are knocked hard or hit I guess but the design will
not allow them to just fall out without any force.I didnt buy mine at first because I had the same concerns but then one came up that I basically stole ($65 new,no box)
and after wearing it for a couple weeks I would recomend to anyone to buy one...IMO of course..

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Why ask him to match it when I can just buy it from shop4brand?

p.s. I sent them a request to see if they would match the price. Thanks for the tip.
because Discount Watch Store is a reputable online company

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick update for anyone that cares.

Just got done with Discount Watch Store. Final price $103.44 w/free shipping. If you are interested in getting this watch do what I did, ask for a price match. See message #2 on details. It's a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah, the price match is the key. I tried and tried to get 'em to even give me their former sale price of $119, and another guy, not Jason, answered my email with a load of C^&$ about how $130 shipped was the best they could do. Oh well, it was factory fresh and it syncs right on the money, so I'm still happy. Although 31 bucks would look better in my pocket rather than theirs.

At least now I know to get a low ball price from some shakey site which I would never ever deal with and then get them to price match. I doubt they'd match Ebay, but I wouldn't ever risk throwing my money at Ebay. A lot of nice deals, but a lot of folks getting burned also. My peace of mind and a smooth transaction and factory fresh merchandise is worth a lot more than gambling on a sketchy merchant.

Anyway, good for you getting that great price. Tell Jason I didn't say Hello! ;-)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually got my discount from someone named Popia. I gave her the link to shop4brands and she in return gave me a promo code. She also said she had to take into account the other site's s/h so that is why it was $103 instead of $99. Yeah that extra $4 was hard to accept. lol I guess it just depends on who you talk to. Maybe I got lucky, for once.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nah, it was good ol' Papia in my case also. As said, the price match is the key. It doesn't work if you just ask for their best price.

·
7,911 Posts
Thank you very much for the heads up, about a month ago I tried Discount Watch Storeidn't have them in stock, called Jason today and placed my order....as stated $103 I paid $5 more for the quicker 2 Day shipping. This was one I regretted selling when I did. Glad to get it back.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Yeah, the price match is the key. I tried and tried to get 'em to even give me their former sale price of $119, and another guy, not Jason, answered my email with a load of C^&$ about how $130 shipped was the best they could do. Oh well, it was factory fresh and it syncs right on the money, so I'm still happy. Although 31 bucks would look better in my pocket rather than theirs.

At least now I know to get a low ball price from some shakey site which I would never ever deal with and then get them to price match. I doubt they'd match Ebay, but I wouldn't ever risk throwing my money at Ebay. A lot of nice deals, but a lot of folks getting burned also. My peace of mind and a smooth transaction and factory fresh merchandise is worth a lot more than gambling on a sketchy merchant.

Anyway, good for you getting that great price. Tell Jason I didn't say Hello! ;-)
you can still get the watch for 99.00. call Jason and tell him you saw the price at shop4brand.com and he will refund your $31.00

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks to this thread, I placed my order with discountwatch yesterday. Can't wait to get it.

Motorboat, have they shipped yours yet?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to this thread, I placed my order with discountwatch yesterday. Can't wait to get it.

Motorboat, have they shipped yours yet?
I got both a shipping notice today as well as the watch. They ship FAST. I ordered Monday and it arrived on Wednesday.

Wearing the watch now. It's a real good looking piece. Can't quite get it to manually sync (goes between l2-l3) but it will sync tonight for sure because my Gulfman won't even get l1 during the day but it syncs up at night so I expect this watch to sync up too.

Discount Watch is an awesome business.

·
Banned
691 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts