WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
That's really really nice... if Casio made one like this with rubber strap I would get one in a second :)

Just enough color to make it interesting and stand out, great work.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow! And let me sat again ... Wow! Really outstanding. The yellow side buttons completely make the watch. Congrats. You've shamed Casio for not offering such a compelling design as a factory model!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
if the strap is from Baby-G, it would be 23mm or 22mm, but not 24mm... correct ?

if it was me, I'd open the G and make the display negative

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The strap is 23mm, but it is pretty thick. I really like how it fits and it's very comfortable. I'm not a big fan of neg displays, but I'm thinking of putting some simple design under the backlight.

Mike K asked about changing the buttons. It's not very hard, but the "c" thingys are really small and a pain to get on. Just takes a little patience and some good light (and 2x reading glasses)...

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
I wouldn't touch the LCD -- leave it as-is. The watch looks great, and definitely like a factory model. If CASIO ever decides to re-issue the DW-9000, they should make it in this color scheme. It's super. :-!

Do you have a before-mod photo handy?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
You hit a homerun with that mod. Awesome, and I dont even like multi-color schemes. First one I've seen that I know I would wear.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really thank you all for the kind words. I REALLY enjoy modding or restoring watches. Probably more than wearing them (well, 50/50). It's always great when a good one comes together and passing them on to others that will enjoy wearing them.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
What paint did you use for the inner yellow face/dial? Did you have to blend it to get it to match the rest of the yellow bits?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I eyeballed the colors and got lucky. I used testers flat yellow for the lettering and a Krylon Sun Yellow hobby spray paint for the face. Both from Walmart. The buttons were from a beat up DW9000 from the bay. See pics below...

20131011_155302.jpg 20131011_155307.jpg 20131011_155310.jpg dw9000.JPG

20131011_004222.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Fantastic! Looks like it could have come from the factory that way, it's that well done. I love it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts