WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I want to buy casio gw9100-1(with a european credit card) and was looking for the best price in different e-shops. While searching i fell on an e-dealer that is selling gw9100-1 for 135 usd instead of 220 and and gw9100-1V for 186usd instead of 220. So is there any difference between the version with a v after the name? I didnt find it anywhere in the official casio link. I am a new member and wasnt really sure if i may post the 2 links so u can see it.
I would appriciate any answer.
Thanks

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,503 Posts
Hi all.
I want to buy casio gw9100-1(with a european credit card) and was looking for the best price in different e-shops. While searching i fell on an e-dealer that is selling gw9100-1 for 135 usd instead of 220 and and gw9100-1V for 186usd instead of 220. So is there any difference between the version with a v after the name? I didnt find it anywhere in the official casio link. I am a new member and wasnt really sure if i may post the 2 links so u can see it.
I would appriciate any answer.
Thanks

look here at the resource files thread:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=179140 :-!

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ty for the fast reply
ncie link. though to be honest i didnt really understand it.:( where is the difference?
sorry for that and thanks again

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
-1 and 1V are the same, it's just that the model number hasn't been quoted in full when it says -1.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm ty again. but if it is the same model why is there a 50$ difference in the price from the same dealer? I dont really understand this. also i would like to know if i buy a radio controlled casio will it also work in europe?
thank you

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,503 Posts
hmm ty again. but if it is the same model why is there a 50$ difference in the price from the same dealer? I dont really understand this. also i would like to know if i buy a radio controlled casio will it also work in europe?
thank you
I cant explain dealers prices. :-d
But for functionality:
The GW-9100 is a multi band 5.
Its working in Europe, Japan and nothern america.
There are no local versions (unlike some older atomic solar watches like GW-500).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the answer.
Well would it be against the rules if i would post the 2 links?
Thank you. Also in which section of the forum could i ask for e dealers in America that do accept european creditcards? Thank you

·
Registered
510 Posts
e dealers in America that do accept european creditcards?
I never had any problem using my EU CC with US on-line stores. As long as they ship to your country, you should be OK.

Notice however that the GW-9100-1 is also sold in the EU. The exchange rate is ~1.40 USD/EUR, that is a ~28% "discount", but subtract from that ~4% of CC exchange fee, ~25% VAT and custom duties and the higher shipping fee and you are left more or less with no saving at all over buying it in the EU. Unless you can find an exceptionally good deal in the US, but there are also good deals to be found in the EU.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry for the many posts its just the fact that i am in a hurry to get the watch for the following reason. i will be in america for 6 more days. So I am looking for an e shop that does accept european credit cards and that can ( i am ready to pay extra for that) have the watch delivered in 5-6 days max

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never had any problem using my EU CC with US on-line stores. As long as they ship to your country, you should be OK.

Notice however that the GW-9100-1 is also sold in the EU. The exchange rate is ~1.40 USD/EUR, that is a ~28% "discount", but subtract from that ~4% of CC exchange fee, ~25% VAT and custom duties and the higher shipping fee and you are left more or less with no saving at all over buying it in the EU. Unless you can find an exceptionally good deal in the US, but there are also good deals to be found in the EU.
i am going to order it to america and not to europe^^ so it will get way cheaper for me. could you link me any stores you used in a pm?thank you

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Thank you for the answer.
Well would it be against the rules if i would post the 2 links?
Thank you.
Welcome Naled.

The mods are pretty cool with people posting links to good deals and if it is in connection with questions like yours.

If they suspect someone is trying to sell they will normally delete and politely point them in the direction of the sales forum.

Mitch

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Double post!

Is there something wrong with the forum today as it looks like the messages aren't being posted when in fact they are?
Not just today, Mitch - we've been having problems for a week. Ernie's computer mechanics are working on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts