1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Tough Solar"

"Tough Movement"

"Atomic Timekeeping"

I really like the GA1000 for it's price and the new illumination feature (as I understand the GWA illumination isn't that good), but I keep reading how some are NOT going to get the GA1000 because it lacks the 3 features listed above. Has anyone had issues with the solar capabilities on previous models with this feature? and what exactly is "Tough Movement". Is the lack of these that big of a deal?

Secondly, I was looking at a couple of the Casio Edifice watches (e.g. EFA131BK-1AV or EFA131PB-1AV) for comparison...... and thoughts on these compared to the G-Shock line?

I new here......thanks for any insights.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
The lack of atomic and tough movement wouldn't bother me. What's bothering me is that the watch uses two SR927W batteries with an estimated lifespan of 2 yrs. I wonder why they didn't at least use lithium cells. Most (but not all) of the other ana-digi G-Shocks use the CR1220 which is not too big either but at least lithium - however the estimated lifespan of a GA-100 for example is also only two years. So - if you like the features and looks there's not really a reason speaking against it.

cheers, Sedi :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts