WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My first post on Watchuseek b-), lately I am able to get my hands on a brand new GWF-1000 for 318USD from a collector, is it worth it? I never had a Frogman before so I need to get some opinion from all you frog experts, how does it hold up compared to the new GWF-D100? I have a 6.5-inch wrist and wondering whether it might be too big daily wear. Give me your opinion!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
To some people/collectors, having a Frogman watch is a necessity. For the price you were offered for the watch, it’s a decent deal. That said, wearing a Frogman and having a 6.5” wrist, you’ll have a lot of extra strap left over.

If you’re buying it from a “diving” standpoint (as it’s rated ISO 6425), then buy a cheap wrist computer as both of the Frogman watches (1000/D1000) are a compete waste of money if being bought solely on the grounds of using it for diving.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Make a list of features, functions, etc that you want from a watch and then go out and see if anyone makes a watch that meets all of the items on your list.....If you find the functions useful and like the looks of the frogman, and it is within your budget, get it. If not, I would say no, not worth it. But then again I am not a collector. I buy watches that I like and I wear my watches.

·
Premium Member
61,712 Posts
I can confirm (from personal experience) that when worn by us that are somewhat challenged in the wrist girth department there is indeed a fair bit of strap end flapping about but it’s well worth a bit if tab end hanging loose to have a Frog on your wrist.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Here's a new review of the GWF-1000. It's too bad the resin bezel and strap were damaged when he used bug spray containing DEET.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts