WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was rumoured to be around 2,000 of these released so let’s see where you all appear on the list as there’s a few owners on here now.

Nicknamed the ‘hypno toad’ by yours truly:

The number is found on the serial number after the ‘A’ and is four numerical characters. For instance mine is #0305 as you can see from the photo:

1. Irf; #0305; Thailand

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I was worried this thread will happen!

——————————
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Really cool.

Only worry is the transparent bits. Will they yellow over time?
We can always order spare parts if they do. But on the other hand, why worry about something that might happen in the distant future. I don't think this should be the reason not to have it, sound more like an excuse:devilish:.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I’m not usually a fan of rainbow style watches but something about how they did it on this one just looks awesome! Thanks for sharing, wouldn’t have known of this cool G-Shock otherwise.

Reactions: eaglepowers

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Still on the fence.....but warming to it.....

Reactions: eaglepowers

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1. Irf; Thailand; #0305
2. Irf; Thailand; #0357
3. Gartner; #0150
4. Eaglepowers; #0130
5. Eaglepowers; #0086

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Been on the fence,,,,humming and haing......and finally ordered from one of my Casio crack dealers of choice......Should be here next week....and will make 3 anifrogs, with some decisions due as I only plan on keeping 2.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been on the fence,,,,humming and haing......and finally ordered from one of my Casio crack dealers of choice......Should be here next week....and will make 3 anifrogs, with some decisions due as I only plan on keeping 2.....
Wow Maddog, your hooking up all the good stuff...If you don’t mind my asking where are you getting these limited editions in Canada and if so from where? I’m still waiting anxiously for G-Shock Canada to release the VL (which looks awesome in your shots) kinda of worried I might miss it being limited edition. The Borneo Frogman would be my backup if I don’t snag a VL.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Reactions: Scott.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Wow Maddog, your hooking up all the good stuff...If you don’t mind my asking where are you getting these limited editions in Canada and if so from where? I’m still waiting anxiously for G-Shock Canada to release the VL (which looks awesome in your shots) kinda of worried I might miss it being limited edition. The Borneo Frogman would be my backup if I don’t snag a VL.
ah, my friend, I’d tell u but then I’d have to kill you!

but seriously, I usually go to Sakura or Japan Select for my G-SHOCK.........G-SHOCK Canada lag behind, and while they have confirmed to me that they will be getting the Borneo Frog “later this month”, they wouldn’t commit to “when” or “how many”......Halifax watch Co and Christine Jewellers are also options, but lack the selection........Arizona Fine Time are great, but again not the selection you’ll find from a Japanese seller.....

The MTG-VL is another story, as no commitment from G-SHOCK Canada that they will get any, and most of the usual sources are sold out....

so, absent the fleecing you’ll take form the ebay resellers, Sakura or Japan Select is your best bet for both IMHO......Sakura is cheaper, but often has less selection.....

Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
7 Posts

but seriously, I usually go to Sakura or Japan Select for my G-SHOCK.........G-SHOCK Canada lag behind, and while they have confirmed to me that they will be getting the Borneo Frog “later this month”, they wouldn’t commit to “when” or “how many”......Halifax watch Co and Christine Jewellers are also options, but lack the selection........Arizona Fine Time are great, but again not the selection you’ll find from a Japanese seller.....

The MTG-VL is another story, as no commitment from G-SHOCK Canada that they will get any, and most of the usual sources are sold out....

so, absent the fleecing you’ll take form the ebay resellers, Sakura or Japan Select is your best bet for both IMHO......Sakura is cheaper, but often has less selection.....

Happy Hunting!
Thanks for the tips, looks like I missed the boat at those places. I did get in touch with G-shock Canada and they said they will be receiving the MTG-VL mid October here and would post on social media when and how they would release it. I’m assuming as with the last couple of limited releases that both these will be put out as purchase raffles. Oh well...might have to wait for the MR-G inspired limited MTG-B2000’s.

thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts

Happy Hunting!
I know this is a Borneo thread but big thanks to Maddog, I was able to snag a MTG-VL from Japan Select. This will be the second one in Vancouver that we know of. (y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts