WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning.
I really wanted to pick this Frogman up for my collection and according to G-Central, it was releasing in June. I checked on multiple Japan related sites and they are either sold out or far above retail.
Does anyone here know where to get one for retail and if any of the retailers here in the US will have them?
Thank You

·
Registered
410 Posts
Good morning.
I really wanted to pick this Frogman up for my collection and according to G-Central, it was releasing in June. I checked on multiple Japan related sites and they are either sold out or far above retail.
Does anyone here know where to get one for retail and if any of the retailers here in the US will have them?
Thank You
View attachment 15923341
Unfortunately it will only be available in Japan and only some flagship g shock will have it. I think it will be it a little difficult to find at retail price.. unless you know a retailer.. try Buyee Japan https://buyee.jp/item/search/yahoo/shopping?query=G shock gwf a1000k-2ajr &translationType=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
I read that it went on sale on June 1 and sold out within a day on some of the retail sites like Bic Camera. You can still try your luck if you can manage to register for the lottery sale at Casio, but you will need to use a service that gives you a Japanese address to use, like Tenso, rather than a service like Buyee that does all the ordering for you. I've never used Tenso, so I'm not sure how well it will work or if you might have trouble making the credit card payment, but it's the same company as Buyee. You can also try checking with the G-Shock Soho Store in New York to see if they will be selling any.
Lottery Sale Info (Japanese): イルカクジラモデル抽選販売のお知らせ | CASIO

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welp, Sakura had some the last time I checked for $900 but as of now it's sold out too. I was gonna buy one because I love the look but at the end of the day I'm more of a wearer than a collector. That white is too pretty and expensive for me to have my way with

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welp, Sakura had some the last time I checked for $900 but as of now it's sold out too. I was gonna buy one because I love the look but at the end of the day I'm more of a wearer than a collector. That white is too pretty and expensive for me to have my way with
I checked Sakura a day late and saw they were sold out too. It is a great looking piece and don't have one in that color scheme.
That is hard for me to justify when buying an expensive G-Shock is deciding to wear it or not. I prefer to wear my watches as that is what they are intended for.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I checked Sakura a day late and saw they were sold out too. It is a great looking piece and don't have one in that color scheme.
That is hard for me to justify when buying an expensive G-Shock is deciding to wear it or not. I prefer to wear my watches as that is what they are intended for.
My thought was that i'll probably be happier with a red analog that I can pick up on here for half the price. Still a quality watch but a better daily because of price and color. But that's just my cheap logical side talking lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Personally, I find this one pretty but I still like the blue and white from the GWF-D colab more (white bezel and blue band) At the time, I gave a serious thought about getting one but ended with a Rangebeast instead. I regret....and the blue/white digital frog price and up and is too expensive now for me to justify.

For those who loved it in the ana-Frog, you better rush than sorry because the prices will most probably go up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Personally, I find this one pretty but I still like the blue and white from the GWF-D colab more (white bezel and blue band) At the time, I gave a serious thought about getting one but ended with a Rangebeast instead. I regret....and the blue/white digital frog price and up and is too expensive now for me to justify.

For those who loved it in the ana-Frog, you better rush than sorry because the prices will most probably go up.
...I fully understand, what you mean... ;) :cool:

Best regards

Stefan

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
My thought was that i'll probably be happier with a red analog that I can pick up on here for half the price. Still a quality watch but a better daily because of price and color. But that's just my cheap logical side talking lol
And you won't be disappointed. Another way to looj at it is if they had decided to release it as some sort of LE there'd be a thread just like this one and people lining up. In my opinion it sits up there with any of the other LEs/SEs.. Pick it up at a bargain and enjoy!

Reactions: Drummer1

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
I read that it went on sale on June 1 and sold out within a day on some of the retail sites like Bic Camera. You can still try your luck if you can manage to register for the lottery sale at Casio, but you will need to use a service that gives you a Japanese address to use, like Tenso, rather than a service like Buyee that does all the ordering for you. I've never used Tenso, so I'm not sure how well it will work or if you might have trouble making the credit card payment, but it's the same company as Buyee. You can also try checking with the G-Shock Soho Store in New York to see if they will be selling any.
Lottery Sale Info (Japanese): イルカクジラモデル抽選販売のお知らせ | CASIO
experienced this when i got the gf8251k in tokyo. the big stores still out within a day but the smaller stores outside of akiba or shinjuku just have it sitting there. picked the frog up days later from an official G store who had multiples in stock. tho the real key is to have a contact in japan go to to those stores otherwise youll have to pay scalper prices.
does japan have airtasker? 🤔😄

1 - 13 of 13 Posts