WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many of these casio produces and looking at the UK site it has been out of stock for some time. I wonder are casio doing this to increase the models popularity or do they really not make many of these. Its by far the best watch i have owned for my years

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Try searching for "GWF-1000" instead -- the "DR" is just the suffix code for "export version" and usually just refers to the box and packaging. Thanks to the internet, people are buying watches from all over the world and a lot of people who want that model seem to buy Casio's "domestic version" since the watch itself is the same.

Here's a link to deciphering G-Shock model numbers.

Casio doesn't release production numbers, but I read that this model just got added to the Casio USA site -- some people were hoping that if that means the watch will be more easily available, that might mean the price would drop a bit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply im aware of everything about this watch the term DR and JF etc but i just wanted to know why it is so hard to get in the UK which is my home country

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
For that, you'd probably have to contact Casio's marketing department -- and still might not get an answer.

That question joins many similar ones like "will the GW-5000" ever become an export model?" and "why did it take so long for the GWF-1000 to make it to Casio's US site?"

Based on posts in this forum, more and more people are becoming used to making purchases of those higher-end models (and others) through online sellers like Amazon and Rakuten, so trying one on at an authorized dealer before someone buys it is becoming less common. (I don't have a Frog yet, but I would prefer being able to try see one and try it on ahead of time!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts