WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I believe they are very similar, so I decided to point out some differences...

GWG-1000 / PRW-6000

WR 200 / WR 100
sapphire / mineral
vibration resistant / -
shock resistant / -
mud resistant / -
59.5 × 56.1 × 18 mm / 57.9 × 52.1 × 12.8 mm
119 g / 72 g
retail price in Poland: 800 EUR / 520 EUR
"real" price in Poland: 640 EUR / 340 EUR
big light button / small
only negative display (so far) / negative or positive display
uber cool / just cool

Maybe there are some more...

Have you got the chance to compare them live?
Have you got some pictures of them together?
Which one would you choose?

Cheers, Piowa

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
also most models of prw 6000 have a carbon fiber strap and some have sapphire crystal as well

apart from that both these watches have same module

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have both... the MudMaster is probably my favorite hard-use Casio... the PRW-6000 is a nice watch... but I had to have a second MudMaster (different color set-up) and I am not going to buy a variation on the PRW-6000 -

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
I used to have both of these PRW-6000s, now I just have the Black Titan version on the right.

Have this cool new Mudmaster:

Both the Black Titan titanium vers. 6000 and the Muddie have a sapphire crystal.

Some other differences between the PRW-6000 and the Mudmaster:

- PRW-6000 is available with titanium bracelet; MudMaster is not.

- crown is better protected on the Mudmaster. (from getting hit by something)

- bezel on the 6000 is stainless steel; all-resin bezel on the Mudmaster.

- the crystal is more recessed on the Mudmaster -- less likely to get whacked by something.

- solid hands on the Muddie vs. skeletonized hands on the 6000 -- AND just the tips of the hands on the 6000 have lume, while lume is applied to the length of the hands on the Muddie.

- (opinion) 6000 has a more 'dressy' appearance; Muddie looks more rugged.

- to me one of the biggest differences -- the 6000 has an 'indent'-type smart crown, while the Mudmaster's smart crown actually screws down. This makes the smart crown of the 6000 faster to use for changing settings, but the Mudmaster's crown offers a bit better security.

Right now I have no plans to sell the 6000. But if I had to keep only one between the 6000 or the Mudmaster, I'd go for the Mudmaster. It looks and feels like a more rugged watch and I think it could withstand more abuse than the 6000. (and don't forget, we are comparing a g-shock with a Protrek here...) But just based on looks alone, I prefer the GWG-1000. :)

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, that is what I was afraid...
PRW is no match to GWG.
8-(

Cheers, Piowa

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
It`s all been said really, I have had my fair share of ProTrek`s and a few other people`s as well over the years :-d I have the GWG-1000-1A3PR, equally no 6000`s in the flock. The MudMaster is simply the more durable field orientated "Tool Watch" and for me, I think this is the ProTrek many strived for, less sleek, more "aggressive" visually and with the G-Shock "seal of approval"

Just waiting on a few more colour variations and no doubt I will have more than one MudMaster, same as the GravityMaster another of my favourite G-Shocks...

Q-6

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
It`s all been said really, I have had my fair share of ProTrek`s and a few other people`s as well over the years :-d I have the GWG-1000-1A3PR, equally no 6000`s in the flock. The MudMaster is simply the more durable field orientated "Tool Watch" and for me, I think this is the ProTrek many strived for, less sleek, more "aggressive" visually and with the G-Shock "seal of approval"

Just waiting on a few more colour variations and no doubt I will have more than one MudMaster, same as the GravityMaster another of my favourite G-Shocks...

Q-6
Exactly what I'm thinking as well! ;-)

(My wallet just went running for cover!) :-d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts