WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, I am in Melbourne Australia so cannot get an atomic signal but really like this model, the GWM 5600BC.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock...154?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1255698419&sr=1-154

Pic is below.

My question is, can I set the time manually, I read once that some models only set the time atomically and do not allow manual set up, so I want to be sure if I make this purchase that I can set it manually?

Is there any particular models that I need to be aware of that may not work outside atomic timekeeping areas?

I prefer solar models and really like the neg display of this one.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Just wondering, I am in Melbourne Australia so cannot get an atomic signal but really like this model, the GWM 5600BC.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-Multi-Band-Atomic-GWM5600BC-1/dp/B0019FJKZQ/ref=sr_1_154?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1255698419&sr=1-154

Pic is below.

My question is, can I set the time manually, I read once that some models only set the time atomically and do not allow manual set up, so I want to be sure if I make this purchase that I can set it manually?

Is there any particular models that I need to be aware of that may not work outside atomic timekeeping areas?

Thanks
Not true.

On every casio time can be set manually.

Neg display on this model is not bad but some other models like new atomic solar 6900 have even better negative display.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I have been closely focused on negative display G-Shocks for the last few months. I have purchased these models.
1) DW6900MS
2) GWM5600B
3) GW6900BC
4) GW7900B1
My experience reveals what I would call "three generations".
A) First gen: DW6900MS
B) Second gen: GWM5600B
C) Third/Current gen: GW6900/7900
Of these models the one I find to be clearly superior is the GW6900BC-1JF. This model has a truly excellent positive display which is extremely easy to read under all lighting. It also has a very bright back light. It is highly improved in terms of display clarity, luminosity & reflectivity of the numerals. This results in a display that is simply stellar. I give Casio a lot of credit for improving these to the point of great usefulness. Because a negative display is different than a positive one, it's important to allow yourself a bit of time to adapt to the change. I believe this is why many are quick to be critical of them. After all, if you are used to driving a compact car, then trade it in for a large SUV, that requires a period of adjustment as well.
I will post some pics a bit later as presently I'm posting from my BlackBerry.
Cheers...
posted via BlackBerry Bold

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I have been closely focused on negative display G-Shocks for the last few months. I have purchased these models.
1) DW6900MS
2) GWM5600B
3) GW6900BC
4) GW7900B1
My experience reveals what I would call "three generations".
A) First gen: DW6900MS
B) Second gen: GWM5600B
C) Third/Current gen: GW6900/7900
Of these models the one I find to be clearly superior is the GW6900BC-1JF. This model has a truly excellent positive display which is extremely easy to read under all lighting. It also has a very bright back light. It is highly improved in terms of display clarity, luminosity & reflectivity of the numerals. This results in a display that is simply stellar. I give Casio a lot of credit for improving these to the point of great usefulness. Because a negative display is different than a positive one, it's important to allow yourself a bit of time to adapt to the change. I believe this is why many are quick to be critical of them. After all, if you are used to driving a compact car, then trade it in for a large SUV, that requires a period of adjustment as well.
I will post some pics a bit later as presently I'm posting from my BlackBerry.
Cheers...
posted via BlackBerry Bold
I see I'm not the only one who ocasionally likes to post from BB.

Do no how is it in your neck of the woods but here in Ontario Canada getting watchuseek on a Blackberry Bols is HORRABLE experience... page takes forever to load and on my Bold various script execution is seriously slowing it down even more...

And to think that here in Canada we pay 30 bucks a month (almost 30US these days) for 3G privilege on a Phone... what a rip-off... and this comes on TOP of all regular cell phone charges and we only get 500MB a month for that... good for casual surfing but forget about YouTube or streaming... (that doesn't work to begin with... at least on Bold...)

Not fun but doable...

Cheers

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I see I'm not the only one who ocasionally likes to post from BB.

Do no how is it in your neck of the woods but here in Ontario Canada getting watchuseek on a Blackberry Bols is HORRABLE experience... page takes forever to load and on my Bold various script execution is seriously slowing it down even more...

Not fun but doable...
Well said, even at 3G the speed is more like a crawl. I travel so much that it's the only reason I put up with it as it's better than nothing. However that said it's buggy at best. That's why you will notice in the entries I make from my BlackBerry Bold, I have to put periods between the paragraphs, otherwise the poor browser, crams all the text together in one long string.

But as you say.... not fun but doable....:-!

Cheers...

·
Registered
15 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-Multi-Band-Atomic-GWM5600BC-1/dp/B0019FJKZQ/ref=sr_1_154?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1255698419&sr=1-154

Pic is below.

Thanks
does sg have this watch too?? its seems that s only got army green,yellow and black one. which is also non atomic one G5600A-3(army green)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts