WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This model came out, I believe, around the same time as the initial "Men in Rescue Orange" series. Like those watches, it has an "R" in its model designation and it has some orange elements in its design. It was not marketed, apparently, as part of the MIRO series.

I got mine from Seiya last year. I see they are now available for $130 on gshock.com. (They seem to be on backorder, but the website will let you place an order). My sense is that these have not be so readily available -- at least not in the U.S.

I really like mine -- it is my design favorite of the GWM 5600's. The black with orange trim is more subtle than the "crazy colors" black/orange 5600 (I like that one too!) and you have solar/atomic functionality.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Ive been contemplating on one of these for awhile now. I hope Im not too late!

A great looking 5600, awesome display color. Your pics make it look like kinda like a semi-gloss in between the standard resin and the gloss resin on the GLIDES. Is it a standard matte black resin?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been contemplating on one of these for awhile now. I hope Im not too late!

A great looking 5600, awesome display color. Your pics make it look like kinda like a semi-gloss in between the standard resin and the gloss resin on the GLIDES. Is it a standard matte black resin?
It isn't a high gloss like the G-Lide, I don't think. But it is not completely dull. I think "semi gloss" might be a good description.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Cool, I saw that today too, and I was thinking it was a new US release. I also saw the GW6900BC has been released here too.... as a limited edition model for $200. That's just under the price for the JDM model. :think:

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, I saw that today too, and I was thinking it was a new US release. I also saw the GW6900BC has been released here too.... as a limited edition model for $200. That's just under the price for the JDM model. :think:
Yeah, the GW-6900BC looks very cool indeed. Is that on a bracelet? I couldn't tell from the photo.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think I want this watch. I bought the GW-M5600-3 awhile back and didn't like it at first but I dig the green color now with the green display so I think I'm going to get the orange one too when I can find one.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
kronos, good thread. i meant to post this last week as well. was browsing my.casio.com and ... surprise ... double-take ... the r for official sale in the states! yup, i too paid a pretty penny to seiya for this super-fine square. now the less obsessed have a great opportunity. :-!

i agree with the observations above, by the way. i had the gwm5600bc and gwm5600r at the same time and the bc's finish was more matte. intentional or subtle difference in manufacturing or what- not sure.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kronos, good thread. i meant to post this last week as well. was browsing my.casio.com and ... surprise ... double-take ... the r for official sale in the states! yup, i too paid a pretty penny to seiya for this super-fine square. now the less obsessed have a great opportunity. :-!
Yeah, I was trying to remember what I paid Seiya for this one. It is, perhaps, fortunate, that I really can't! No way I was passing it up though -- it is one of my favorite 5600s.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Mine arrived today.

Great seller and watch looks fantastic. It has just the right amount of orange and glossiness.

I'm glad I found it at the price I paid. Other sellers are charging quite a premium.

Loving the 5600 series even more :-!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts