WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the standard strap very uncomfortable, and am not keen on the combi-bracelet. What other options are there; I believe some of the Japan-only models may fit, but which ones?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,171 Posts
For a different shape of strap you can also try the DW-6900 one.

The GW-5000 strap has the same shape like the GWM one, but a softer material.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe you can buy the GW5000 strap via Tiktox or Amazon UK for about £15. I've emailed them a couple of times to confirm but they haven't replied yet

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I had the same problem with my gwm5610. Never had that problem with a normal dw5600e. Came to find out that the gwm lug to lug dimension is a couple mm shorter than the DW. The little ribs on the inside of the straps were in a position that irritated the bony protrusion on the outside of my wrist. Tried a gw5000 strap and it's much softer but still uncomfortable. So I ended up putting a strap that's used on the dw5600ms and dw6900ms, which has 1 less rib on the inside of the strap and it's perfect. So I put the gw5000 strap on my dw5600e.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to see how the original pans out for a while before I decide whether to bother changing it or not.
I've just ordered one from Tiktox. You can get 10% discount code for all of their products if you do a Google search.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I've just ordered one from Tiktox. You can get 10% discount code for all of their products if you do a Google search.
You musta got the last one. Out of stock now. He who hesitates makes do with the original strap... until they get some more!
Thanks for the heads up on the code :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mine's already arrived, and it's a big improvement. Being more flexible it doesn't pinch so much as the original. A slight challenge to fit, but a small dab of Fairy Liquid around the lug holes is useful. Also, when you think it's in place double-check , as they have a habit of popping out again.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Mine's already arrived, and it's a big improvement. Being more flexible it doesn't pinch so much as the original. A slight challenge to fit, but a small dab of Fairy Liquid around the lug holes is useful. Also, when you think it's in place double-check , as they have a habit of popping out again.
That was swift! Mine has been posted so Monday with luck. Good to hear its an improvement. I took the strap off this one already and struggled to get it back on so will prepare myself!

Now all I have to do is drag myself away from looking at Rakuten which is seriously pushing my GW5000 buttons. Good grief, I mean I didn't even know what one was four days ago and thanks to this forum I can't get it out of my head.

Repeat after me. It is not worth the money. But the DLC steel screwback case is so nice. It is not worth that much money. But the face design is perfect. It isn't worth the money. Is the ultimate square. It is not worth the money. If you're gonna have a square get the best. It just is not worth the money. Made in Japan. It still isn't worth it. Just buy it and be done.... torture. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^ G-shocks are a novelty watch for me, I've had 10+ now and rarely keep one longer than a few months. I like the idea of the GW5000, but even a used one would be £200+ and for me that defeats the purpose of owning one. I've had Aviators and Frogman, and never wore them in case they got damaged.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Same here, a novelty but this is my first. Bought this to wear as a beater and when cycling but I'm really enjoying it. Agree spending so much on one moves it into a different arena and defeats the object somewhat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts