WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello GS friends!
Hi want to invest 850€ for a G-Shock and I have to choose between GWR-B1000X and MTG-B1000B.
I accept advices!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Tough for strangers to decide what you'd prefer.

I'd pick the GWR-B1000X because it's so different and comfortable but I'm not a fan of the new MTG.
Chances are the MTG will be around for longer than the X.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Out of the two I'd also pick the GWR-B1000X. According to members here, it is super light comfortable and special. There may be other carbon fiber watches along the way, but the same resin-case-in-metal-sandwitch watches like the MT-G will be lots.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,271 Posts
I see them as different watch for difference occasion.

MTG works great as a causal office wear

GWR is great for weekend wear.

But that's just me :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
MTG is a very elegant all round watch.

The MTG could be a one watch guys single and only watch, while the GWR-B belongs rather as a repectable and beautiful piece in the collection of a watch collector, that is worn and rotated with other watches.

For me, the GWR-B is just too 'spicy' to be worn as a single-only watch. It is like some exotic sports car in some hot unique color. No matter how much you like it at first, if it is the only one that you use, then eventually you may turn on it.

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
MTG is a very elegant all round watch.

The MTG could be a one watch guys single and only watch, while the GWR-B belongs rather as a repectable and beautiful piece in the collection of a watch collector, that is worn and rotated with other watches.

For me, the GWR-B is just too 'spicy' to be worn as a single-only watch. It is like some exotic sports car in some hot unique color. No matter how much you like it at first, if it is the only one that you use, then eventually you may turn on it.

I would agree with Wes here. The MTG would be better as a daily wearer. The GWR-B1000X is somewhat more sporty, and a little more exotic, more suited to weekend wear or just fun, sporty occasions. The X is like a Ferrari that you'd take out for a drive once in awhile to have great fun - but it's not likely to be your daily driver! :-d:-d

Just the looks alone of the X, with all of that carbon fiber, make it a very non-conservative watch. Not that the MTG is conservative, but I think it would work for more general wear and more occasions than the X.

All of that said, the X is much lighter than the MTG, and wears like a dream. Thankfully as a retired guy I don't have to think about whether a watch is a little loud, exotic, or wild, and I can wear the X as much as I want! ;-) But it is far from my only watch, so will just be a regular part of my rotation.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I agree with last opinions, absolutely not comparable, you can have both, but the sequence is MTG first.....
From a watch to the pure passion, my azard list is

MTG-G1000
MTG-B1000
GPR-B1000
GMW-B5000
GWF-D1000

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That will be not my only watch. I have others of a different style!
I’m an athlete. Runner, cyclist, swimmer so I love GWR because is a mix of sport watch and “classic” watch to wear in different moments.
I just sold that one because I used it only in rare moments:

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
GWR is the one to pick for sporting activity. So light and comfortable, it's been on my wrist for 3 weeks.

Although the X is beautiful, as are the other two, I think the blue version is more practical being very legible even with a quick glance and the lume is far superior even though it doesn't last very long (cheaper also)...

20190529_221922.jpg

20190529_221949.jpg

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
As much as I like the new GWR and admire Casio for taking their design and engineering in new directions, "I want my MTG" (Dire Straits reference for those of you over 40 ;-)). Build quality is comparable between the two lines, but the detailing on the MT-G is a cut above (notably in the dial), as should be the case for a PPL watch.

IMAG2875.jpg

IMAG2060.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts