WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm really glad that Casio "found" the 5700 model again, and I'm hoping for more interesting models in the coming years. The GWX you got is definitely a good model with a lot of functionality, though for me, none of the colourways work as well as the DW-5750E which I love and wear a lot. I love the current GLS-5600 line myself for the functionality, so it would be great if they made a 3178 module version, but not as dour looking as they'd made the 5600 line-up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
For me, the tide feature is a lot of fun even though I have no real use for it. And if you get the lunitidal interval value right, it's also remarkably accurate most of the time. I check my GLX against the official tide charts every once in a while, and nine times out of ten, it will be off by one hour at the most.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the watch. I live north of Saratoga Springs NY and the tide is set for Atlantic City. I'll probably never have need of the tide or moon, I just liked the looks of the face of the 5700. I will get real pics as soon as my Daughter has time.
The store is to die for, so many fantastic G's.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had it on Auto last night and nothing happend. My GW6900 in Auto synced perfectly and they are sitting right next to one another. Didn't know if there was something special about the 5700.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts