WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All new G-Shock GWX-8900 previews for 2012 | G-Shockzone

Casio are set to release another all new model for 2012 in the G-Shock GWX-8900. The GWX-8900's key features are multiband6 atomic time sync, tide graph and moon phase - the G-Shock will of course have all the normal features. Two model are being released April / May 2012 in the black with positive display and blue accents G-Shock GWX-8900-1JF and white with negative display G-Shock GWX-8900B-7JF. These two models will be joined by the ICERC x G-Shock GWX-8900K-3JR in June 2012 which is part of the 2012 Love The Sea And Earth G-Shock collection. Click to see more images and pricing.
looks like Casio is moving forward heavily with the 8900, it must be a popular model because the first one didn't come out too long ago, and already they're closing in on 10+ colorways for the model. i remember a while back making a comment about Casio doing a "6900 on steroids" akin to the GX-56 being a really big 5600 model, and it looks like the 8900 is it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My son wants an 8900 bad. I get to hold it over his head for a while ;) ... get straight A's and I'll get you one ... mow the lawn every week and I'll get you one ... etc. until he finally does something spectacular or "suckers" me into too good of a deal because I want to buy one.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Straight A's and mowing every week should land him the ICERC. Of course, you may need to buy two just in case the first one is "faulty." ;)

Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas.

Reactions: GTR83

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Holy Cow, $285 and $325 for the ICERC??!! What's up with all the new releases being priced through the roof??? The 8900 was akin to the 6900 til they start throwing numbers like that on it! Even the MIBR GW6900 didn't retail anywhere near that amount.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Straight A's and mowing every week should land him the ICERC.
Then I woke up from that dream. He's a good kid, but putting the AND in there is pushing the realm of reality.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Ha! Show him a pic of that sweet, blue ICERC and see if that doesn't change his work ethic!! It's amazing what a little inspiration can do for a teenager.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - Casio G-Shock GW-9200 Riseman
2,139 Posts
That price is ridiculous.

The sad part is that Casio using the Thailand flood as an excuse for raising the price up.

Reactions: GTR83

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
According to WUS member Shocker's thread from last month, if you can wait until July, Casio USA will release the black & white GWX8900B-7. That will surely be much cheaper than the JDM price. Too bad the other model isn't listed as coming stateside, and the ICERC certainly won't. If you can't wait, pay up for the JDM price! Ouch! The blue ICERC is very tempting! o|

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Having seen Seiko and Citizen both offer GPS watches, maybe it's time for Casio to jump on the bandwagon. Atomic sync is getting a little old and I hope Casio can implement the GPS tech without asking the prices Seiko and Citizen are asking for theirs. More competition can only mean more advantage for the customer.

The way I see it:

Seiko - classic "upmarket" brand
Citizen - high tech analogs and digitals, a mix of Seiko and Casio if you will
Casio - rugged high tech gear
Orient - ??? maybe more akin to Seiko, but at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - Casio G-Shock GW-9200 Riseman
2,139 Posts
Having seen Seiko and Citizen both offer GPS watches, maybe it's time for Casio to jump on the bandwagon. Atomic sync is getting a little old and I hope Casio can implement the GPS tech without asking the prices Seiko and Citizen are asking for theirs. More competition can only mean more advantage for the customer.
Yeah. Atomic syncing doesn't really provide the same worldwide coverage as GPS syncing.
GPS syncing is fully automatic; it adjusts the time automatically depending on your geo-location. You don't have to wait for a preset time interval for the watch to do this.
I hope Casio implements this in their future modules.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Holy Cow, $285 and $325 for the ICERC??!!
I'll just have to set mine hacked to the Atomic Clock and be satisfied +/- a few seconds.
I really enjoy the technological advances but not the prices.
Some of us are unable to bend over and assume the position. I mean really, in this economy..........
Hopefully Casio will re-coop the R and D and the ROI will enable them to create more affordable models featuring the same.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
If the 8900 was in a darker blue I would be interested.
But the BGR-3004K looks nice for my better half.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Atomic Multi-band 6. Solar with 10/33 month reserve. Tide graph. Moon phase. So far so good... but then 60 minute SW and 100 minute CDT. Why?? :-| It's an insult. CASIO can do much better than that, thank you.
Oh, it's a very nice color. But I'm sick and tired of CASIO waffling on SW and CDT capabilities, dammit.o|

1 - 20 of 21 Posts