WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i have a new gwx8900-7 solar atomic, and the display keeps flashing at night time for some reason, what is causing this and how can i stop it? all the functions seem fine, the numbers and displays like the tide graph and moon phase all keep blinking and then it goes away after a while. is it blinking because its receiving a radio signal ?

·
Premium Member
13,972 Posts
I can not believe you haven't received a reply yet. So I will chime in.

I read through the manual http://support.casio.com/en/manual/009/qw3279.pdf and do not see any thing that would cause the flashing, especially on a solar/atomic G. Are there any alarms or timers running in the background?

Have you opened the back of the watch and performed and AC reset? This shows a battery powered G but the premise is the same for the AC reset. http://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how-change-battery-g-shock-19704.html That could fix the gremlin. Try that reset and see if the flashing goes away.

Let us know.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies guys. the entire display just starts blinking at random times and lasts for quite a while. everything will blink together, the numbers, the tide graph, the moon display etc......i noticed the light is acting a bit odd too, when i hit the button when its blinking its like it lights up partially at first and then lights up completely a second after. the watch is brand new, i guess ill try to reset the battery when i get a chance. im new to these solar/atomic g shocks though so im not sure if was overlooking something. the power indicator seems to be fine and i tried charging the watch in sunlight too but the blinking still comes and goes :/

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
If you bought it locally dont touch it and open it, return it for a replacement or repair, if you touch it they might not want to take it back if AC reset doesnt work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts