WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I might be new to the forums but I'm sure anyone has seen my love for the king. I'd like to compile great mods on this thread from simple band swaps and dye jobs to the extreme.

Right now I'm sitting on a GXW-56-1B and GX-56GB-1. Tomorrow I'll be taking the screws from the GB and swapping them with the 1B to really give the 1B a black and gold effect short of the clasp and give the GB workhorse the black and silver look. Simple small screw swap but I'll enjoy the slight difference.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I swapped the screws on the bezel from the 1B and the GB-1 it's uh, whatever. Feeling more brave after that first minor dive in to watch mangling.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the next question would be if the "shock absorber" surround and bar is separate from the module intself so I could swap the black from the GB with the silver from the 1B to really make the GB a silver and black.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone show me what a positive display would look like in a Green KG-3 bezel and band? Also I would love a breakdown of how to dismantle a King.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never seen such a mod, but maybe somebody can help with Photoshop?
:cool:

Cheers, Piowa
Here I was hoping a King among Kings may have been adventurous and done it at some point.

That'd be great if someone could do a mock up of the positive display in a KG housing.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK so I swapped the modules in the KG with the 1B and wasn't a fan. I like the orange and black on the green but would still be curious to see the positive display in the KG with the black surrounding agel shock absorber and glass with orange writing. But the KG module looked really cool in the 1B bezel. Forgot to take a picture.

·
Registered
645 Posts
It is kind of a pain to get to the red shock absorber stuff around the screen inside the case.

Basically I pulled out the module, and then loosened the E-clips that attach the buttons, and after removing the buttons I could remove the black plastic "case holder" and after that I got to the shock absorber stuff.

The main risk in this method is loosing a E-clip, since they tend to get thrown far into the air when you loosen or attach them, but doing the work with the watch inside a small plastic bag reduces the risk.

They are incredibly small, and if they go to the floor you will most likely not see them again.

Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 19.46.26.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 19.46.39.jpg

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is kind of a pain to get to the red shock absorber stuff around the screen inside the case.

Basically I pulled out the module, and then loosened the E-clips that attach the buttons, and after removing the buttons I could remove the black plastic "case holder" and after that I got to the shock absorber stuff.

The main risk in this method is loosing a E-clip, since they tend to get thrown far into the air when you loosen or attach them, but doing the work with the watch inside a small plastic bag reduces the risk.

They are incredibly small, and if they go to the floor you will most likely not see them again.

View attachment 1263166

View attachment 1263167
I just feel as if I'd mess something up for sure which really limits my creativity unfortunately. I'm not completely useless when it come to small diligent placement etc, but I just wouldn't want to mess anything up and not know what I did. Just too unfamiliar with watches.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts