WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to see the square vs. round battle. Anyone have comparison pics as well as specs? I would in no way buy the GD-X6900 as I'm not big on the normal DW6900 series but am very curious to the size relation of these two big guys.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts

I think I have seen many comparison pics already, but this is the one I posted in my article about my GD-X6900 last week. BTW, just noticed the Rangeman is a little bit wider than the King. Anyone told you that thing is also BIG?

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ignoring the symmetrical difference, a GDX-6900 is actually very very close in size to the GA series. And as you already know I'm sure, the KING is definitely slightly bigger (and heavier?) than the GA-110s and GA-100s and GA-150s and GA-120s and....(you get the picture). So definitely, without having seen these 2 model side by side, I can safely say that the KING is definitely slightly bigger.

But size is not everything. The KING is a definitely awesome, but the GDX-6900 are actually, honestly, and seriously, pretty badass as well, if you ask me. =)

Edit: this is posted before I saw Sjors post. Anyway, his picture says it all. =D Btw Sjors, if you are reading this, did you see the post about the Malaysian having a pretty badass collection as well? Is he known in the G-Shock world? Pardon my ignorance...and sorry for hijacking your thread OP. =)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Edit: this is posted before I saw Sjors post. Anyway, his picture says it all. =D Btw Sjors, if you are reading this, did you see the post about the Malaysian having a pretty badass collection as well? Is he known in the G-Shock world? Pardon my ignorance...and sorry for hijacking your thread OP. =)
Yes, I saw that pic a few days before it was posted here. There are more people with a bigger collection out there. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. That was in the past and that's now. I remember I looked up against Giez (Album in Blue) and Yamazaru-san, who already had a huge collection more than 10 years ago (Giez had almost 400 I remember, I had maybe half that count). I'm not intrigued by quantity. I know I have quite a lot, but that's no wonder after more than 13 years collecting. Have you ever seen G-Mania's collection? He does have maybe practically all there was ever released. A very well balanced out collection, obviously a long time collector with a deep passion for the G. Also a very nice man to change G-Thoughts with.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
554 Posts
I came up with my own way of estimating bulk. What I did was calculated the size (in cubic centimetres) of a cuboid that would be needed to contain the watch minus the band. This gives: GX-56 at 52.06 cm3, then GW-9400 at 53.75 cm3 and finally GD-X6900 at 63.22 cm3. So the GD-X6900 seems the bulkiest. But perhaps the flaw in my argument is that the GD-X6900 measures very thick but perhaps this is the 'bulge' above the light button? Just now I am comparing my GD-X6900 with one of my Kings. The GD-X is a big watch for sure. And the metal case back bulges out whereas the case back of the King is flat and recessed even under the back resin. I'll try to summarise.....the GD-X is a big watch and IMHO compares with the King in bulk!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
sorry for the noob question, but are all G-shocks ending with the numbers 6900 the same size?
No. They all share the "same" look as far as the bezel is concerned, but they are not all the same size, nor do they all share the same functions. Different variants of the 6900 include: DW-6900, G(W)-6900, GLX-6900, and now the GD-X6900

1 - 15 of 15 Posts