WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, the SecureSeries metal adapters just got here and they’re miles better than the resin offering. Only thing is the ZULU isn’t a super-tight fit and the watch dropped from me when I tried to fit it the first time 🤣😝 thanks Casio for the A-Gel!! I’ll be adding photos of the purple/gold bezel when it gets here…

also note:they come setup with spring bars, I opted to remove them and use the 4 screws since that’s how the new bezel will be installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Looks good but what is like on the wrist? The last adapters I tried where awful and dug in my wrist. I have some of these secure series coming (slowly) soon
Photo please ;)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
very nice
but the adapters should have been designed to flare out more so a wider zulu 26mm or 28 would fit
that would make the whole look more balance between the bezel and the strap
but I never spend money on J&K, so why would they listen to me?
lolz

·
Registered
My only other watch is a G-Shock..
92 Posts
Guys, the SecureSeries metal adapters just got here and they’re miles better than the resin offering. Only thing is the ZULU isn’t a super-tight fit and the watch dropped from me when I tried to fit it the first time 🤣😝 thanks Casio for the A-Gel!! I’ll be adding photos of the purple/gold bezel when it gets here…

also note:they come setup with spring bars, I opted to remove them and use the 4 screws since that’s how the new bezel will be installed.
WAIT. I thought J&K didn't have metal adapters for the GX56??!! Where did you buy those? Definitely none on their eBay site. Only crumbly plastic ones. Do tell. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very nice
but the adapters should have been designed to flare out more so a wider zulu 26mm or 28 would fit
that would make the whole look more balance between the bezel and the strap
but I never spend money on J&K, so why would they listen to me?
lolz
Def not wrong for that bro. They can be very temperamental. But overall it is what it is. You want certain stuff, you gotta go through them. I kinda wish I got the 5-ringer now 😥

@Kudarat

·
Registered
92 Posts
Def not wrong for that bro. They can be very temperamental. But overall it is what it is. You want certain stuff, you gotta go through them. I kinda wish I got the 5-ringer now 😥

@Kudarat
Whoa. Didn't see this. Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts

@Kudarat
Looking on i did see it but I've always thought GX56s were on 24MM LUGS (not 16s mind you). Ok anyway off to purchase. Thanks

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It’s 16mm to 24mm. The case width at the lugs is 16mm. Make sure you select the 24mm! And be aware as I mentioned it comes with small springbars installed, for what reason I don’t know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It’s 16mm to 24mm. The case width at the lugs is 16mm. Make sure you select the 24mm! And be aware as I mentioned it comes with small springbars installed, for what reason I don’t know.
Probably in case you fit it to a different model ;)
For us to buy their 'fat boy' springbars I guess. Jeez J&K really is expensive :((

Reactions: g-fob2

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Looks good but what is like on the wrist? The last adapters I tried where awful and dug in my wrist. I have some of these secure series coming (slowly) soon
Photo please ;)
If the J&K metal adapters dig into your wrist, try them on a NATO strap (or a 5-ring Zulu if you prefer). The extra flap will move the adapters farther from your wrist. Just be aware that you'll need a NATO strap (flap) that can handle the long lug-to-lug distance of the GX-56, which is made even longer with the metal adapters.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
For us to buy their 'fat boy' springbars I guess. Jeez J&K really is expensive :((
The Secure Series 24mm version is only $15. Seems reasonable to me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Secure Series 24mm version is only $15. Seems reasonable to me.
Easy for you to say LOL—doing some shopping for all my Gs!

*From my pictures isn’t it obvious imma LEFTIE?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Damn. That's gonna be a fat envelope. Nice and heavy!

Let me know how that leather strap is!
I’m still thinking about it (purchase) but the very least are 16mm large metal adaptors so I can use my three-ring strap which I have

*From my pictures isn’t it obvious imma LEFTIE?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
That's what's up. Let me know how it goes..

As far as bezels:

Is the one I have on the way. However there is also this one:

Not only does the finish look different. But the second one has the side screws as well as the raised portions under "PROTECTION G-SHOCK". Any thoughts or experience with the stainless steel bezels guys?

Also Dxnnis. I sent you a PM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts