WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1872 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you saw the first images of the coming H2O MARLIN and I´m getting asked permanently for more info and images. I would like to share with you the design and development of our new 2016 flagship model and maybe this new design also appeals to you. :)

I´m wearing the H2O MARLIN now since several months and from my HELBERG/H2O watches this watch wears most comfortable. The 44mm diameter version is perfectly for my 6.7" wrist / 17cm, but I will also offer the exactly same design for the first time as 40mm version. My sun is eagerly awaiting the release of this watch and I feel this could be a great partner watch too.
All H2O MARLIN will get a sapphire display case back, which is not yet included into my prototype watch. I´m planning to use the ETA 2892 movement or the Miyota 9015. This movement point will be fixed until the pre-order starts.

Enough all the words, I´m sure you want to see photos! I will update this thread regularly in this first post with new images as soon as they become available.

·
Registered
11,231 Posts
Subscribed to this thread. That is absolutely beautiful. That case shape is stunning. I'm hoping to have the funds for this one when it goes up for preorder.

·
Moderator DWF & Sales Corner
5,173 Posts
Finally an H2O watch that might fit me. Hopefully I will not have to re-mortgage to afford one (flagship?)

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I will very strongly consider the 40mm. Looks really nice. The only watch that has my interest right now. Will look forward to more specs on both 40 & 44mm. You can put off pre-order as long as you wish. Way too much going on right now, & funds are spread thin ;-)

Thanks for updating the Marlin Development progress. May be my 1st H2O. Been waiting for you...

RD

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Any pics of the 40mm model? How does the proposed 3 link bracelet look?

Looks great, not sure about the crown guards though, might look better without them.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Any pics of the 40mm model? How does the proposed 3 link bracelet look?

Looks great, not sure about the crown guards though, might look better without them.
Boy, aren't we all uniquely opinionated. The crown guards immediately got my positive attention. Love the integration. Take them away and the watch looks like another 4 o clock round case. C'mon "Steppy" ;-)

RD

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Boy, aren't we all uniquely opinionated. The crown guards immediately got my positive attention. Love the integration. Take them away and the watch looks like another 4 o clock round case. C'mon "Steppy" ;-)

RD

Im trying to get past it, I really am. It's the long slope of the lug to crown guard from 2 o clock to 4 o clock that seems to bug me

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
The newsletter is always in English language! :)

Also the 40mm version will get the 5 link bracelet! This has been changed from a few weeks ago. So the 40mm will be exact copy of the 44mm version. Mathematically correct downsizing. :)

Very good news on the bracelet indeed

·
Registered
470 Posts

RD
Agreed. Its bring some unique touch.

I thought 40mm would be good size for my 6.75". Clemens, how big 44mm looks on your wrist, which same size with mine?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have also 6.7" and the 44mm wears perfect! Due to the very deep lugs the watch wrapps around your arm. From my all my watches I´m owning this is the most comfortable one.

1 - 20 of 1872 Posts