WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which is your favorite H2O ORCA OUTER case?

• H2O ORCA DIVE

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • H2O ORCA CLASSIC

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • H2O ORCA DRESS

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • H2O ORCA VINTAGE

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • H2O ORCA MONO

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 1 1.3%
1 - 20 of 981 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please let me introduce to you the New Generation: H2O ORCA

We have listened very carefully during the last months to your voice in the WUS and the several, very active threads. We considered all your requests and ideas as much as possible for our new H2O ORCA watch system and have, of course, also included some DNA from the H2O Kalmar series.

In result H2O developed the all new H2O ORCA series including an innovative customization concept with user exchangeable inner & outer watch case.

The Design:
The design and construction has been made entirely in-house by H2O with our own German engineer, who is a dive watch enthusiast since many years with over 24 dive watches and an active member of a German watch forum. We have developed for the H2O ORCA some unique patent pending solutions. As we are working with our own engineer we could speed up our developments and will extend the H2O ORCA system continuously. In short time we will receive our first CNC milling machine to be able to start manufacturing parts in our German office.

Three WatchUSeek fans were involved at a very early development stage to create exactly the watches you are expecting from H2O and to confirm our design + feature set.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR IDEAS, SUPPORT AND PATIENCE!

The Concept:
Create a new look of your H2O ORCA watch within seconds by simply

- inserting a new inner case with different dial and handset layout or
- exchanging the outer case against one of our initial 5 outer case designs.

The Main Features:

- THINNER (13.50mm flat sapphire front glass / 15.50mm highly domed sapphire front glass)
- SHORTER (51.00-54.00mm)
- HARDER (hardened 316L / 7x harder compared to normal 316L)
- 5 different outer cases
- 2 different inner cases with flat or highly domed crystal
- 2 different 120-click bezel with sapphire or stainless steel inlay / each bezel and case could be combined (except H2O ORCA MONO case)
- 3 different dials incl. sandwich / 2 unique handsets
- 5mm thick, 2-sided (round+straight styling) bracelet with HEX-screws and highly decorated micro-adjustment clasp
- More information will be provided next week within an interview on OCEANICTIME

The Watch Cases:
H2O ORCA DIVE:

H2O_Orca_Dive_side_black_02_700.jpg

H2O ORCA CLASSIC:
H2O_Orca_Classic_side_black_02_700.jpg

H2O ORCA DRESS:
H2O_Orca_Dress_side_black_02_700.jpg

H2O ORCA VINTAGE:
H2O_Orca_Vintage_side_black_02_700.jpg

H2O ORCA MONO:
H2O_Orca_Mono_side_black_02_700.jpg

We will start soon our attractive pre-order phase for a limited number of watches. Stay tuned for more information on OceanicTime and our pages.

Update 28.03.2012: After days of rendering on my 8-core xeon finally the video about the inner & outer cases system has been finished. That´s nothing for unpatient computer user. :)

Update 07.04.2012: H2O ORCA MONO videos added

Attachments

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Sheer GENIUS!
I LOVE the Classic,reminds me of an M1 Tank!I'll be watching for more info.Best of luck!

·
Registered
156 Posts
A very witty system, I love this, reminds me of the Japy divers even one of your bevels has the same slant angle teeth.
When can we order?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Jaw dropping wow! Can't wait to see the prototypes!
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Like the Vintage very much. The bracelet kind of reminds me of the Manta Ray.

Any hint on money needed to wear one?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Really awesome looking watch, excited to see this one in the flesh when ready. It seems so much more balanced then the original H2O. Good luck with the further development, keep us informed!

Eric

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's a very cool idea!!
Remind me a camera system made by Ricoh, GXR!!

Pre-ordering soon?!!

Congrats, Clemens, It finally released!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Very interesting concept! Can't wait to see how this system works out...

Stan

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wow! As if it wasn't hard enough to decide before.... I can see serious time being spent on the H2O website.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm all in like I'm at the poker table. Those vintage & classic cases are smoking, but that mono case really stands out to me. Waiting on this is going to be torture.

Getting ready Clemens. You've got a hit on your hands. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Excellent!

I like the MONO and CLASSIC a lot.

Until now, the only issue I had with H20 watches was their dial (too busy) and hands (too heavy). With these new elegant dial, I'm sold.

Hope the price won't be too high...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Good job !!! Seems like it's worth waiting for ...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First of all: Thank you very much for your positive comments!!!

Sheer GENIUS!
I LOVE the Classic,reminds me of an M1 Tank!I'll be watching for more info.Best of luck!
Yes, that would be also my favorite at the moment, as I have many Kalmar in different materials and think that´s quite a different look. But I´m changing my mind often these days!

Like the Vintage very much. The bracelet kind of reminds me of the Manta Ray. Any hint on money needed to wear one?
Of course our H2O ORCA bracelet has the same hex screws like the Manta Ray bracelet and like all other screws on our watches, but the unique point is that ours could be used from two sides to fit to all different watch cases. I think that has been developed first time. :)

Not fixed the price yet, but it might be in the 3-digit area.

Really awesome looking watch, excited to see this one in the flesh when ready. It seems so much more balanced then the original H2O. Good luck with the further development, keep us informed!
Eric
Thank you for your comment! We listened exactly to the WUS comments on the H2O KALMAR the last months and wanted to build a watch system that improves in any direction. I remember the biggest point regarding the Kalmar were the length and height:

KALMAR ORCA
Length 59mm 51-54mm
Height 17.60mm 13.50mm

We kept for all outer cases the diameter to 44mm as I´m a fan of substantial watches. :)

Thank the gods ! A h2o with shorter lugs ! I am all in for Vintage or Classic case,standard h2o hands,standard bezel,sandwich dial,sapphire bezel insert and domed crystal. Now I just hope its affordable so I don't have to sell off my right arm :)
Thank you Clemens !!!!!!
I think, you don´t have too! :)

That's a very cool idea!!
Remind me a camera system made by Ricoh, GXR!!
Pre-ordering soon?!!
Congrats, Clemens, It finally released!!
Thank you for your positive comment! My whole business life was accompanied by products, which were more or less customizeable. Even my wife wrote her University doctor degree more than 10 years ago about Customization. :) Expect nothing else from H2O. :)

Have a nice day!
Clemens

1 - 20 of 981 Posts