WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as per title, was having another rummage and came upon this little watch, a WINEGARTENS 17 jewel watch.

I know Winegartens are a London Jewellers, and that the watch was made for them by the Nivada Watch Co, and has an ETA 2391 movement, which is not currrently running.

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: ETA 2391

I don't really remember when or where I got this watch, but the case doesn't look too bad, altho the glass needs replacing/polishing and the dial has got lots of spots on it.

I may give it to my watchguy to see if he can clean it up and get it going?!!

This would possibly be a good candidate for me to tinker with myself, but havn't really got the time or impetus at the mo!!

Some pics.........

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, yeah, that's pretty much what I thought, and it's not special enough to get it refurbed, so I may just end up tinkering with it myself to get it working?!! :)
I have tinkered a lot and decided to stay away from repairing #&$%ed balances. Takes a lot of time to get those right, getting a donor and replace the entire balance saves a big load of trouble.
Should run just fine after that ;)

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tinkered a lot and decided to stay away from repairing #&$%ed balances. Takes a lot of time to get those right, getting a donor and replace the entire balance saves a big load of trouble.
Should run just fine after that ;)

Yeah, I've heard they can be tricky......this may just stay in the to do pile then ;-)

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
tricky trying to do a pocket watch balance never mind a watch. I did once change a spring in the balance of a PW but never again my eye felt like it was popping out with concentrating on the piece

1 - 9 of 9 Posts