WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just discovered Hacher. Looks like some very nice offerings at good prices (like where Kobold was five years ago).
Anyone have info about these, first hand experience, or ownership?
They have some beauties, like the Airtimer Classic (Very Portofino-esque).
Here's the Stratos. Nice looking tool watch.

http://www.hachergmbh.de

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Hacher is from Offenbach, near Frankfurt in Germany. (about 30 mins from where I live). I tried on the one below on a bracelet and I was seriously impressed! A very solid watch, well finished. Usually, in the 500-1000€ price range I end up at Stowa or Sinn, but someday a Hacher will follow too, esp. since for me it's a "local" brand (I used to work in Offenbach for over a year).

Attachments

·
Registered
982 Posts
I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but I like their designs a lot. And I've heard good things about the build quality. Value for money wise, they look very attractive.

A huge range of Hacher's is for sale on Ebay Germany for 740 Euros. Apparently directly from Hacher, although I'm amazed at the low feedback. If I'm not mistaken, they have been doing this for quite a while already, so I don't understand the feedback score.

Ebay.de, search for Hacher.

S

·
0 Posts
The Stratos is a very unique watch. May be it is of some interest to you that the owner, Mr. Jürgen Hackbarth-Herzberger (HACkbarth-HERzberger = HACHER) the "brain" behind the curtains is known for his enthusiasm and passion on watches.
He learned about watches when he came into SINN (at the time Helmut Sinn was owner of Sinn) and started his own company in 1991.

Currently there are two threads on the German Watches Forum which also will be of some interest to you:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=215241#post215241

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=38851

BTW: I´d prefer the Stratos to the Airmaster (because of the cropped numerals).

·
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree...I'm not a fan of cropped numerals either.

I'll check those links.

Anyone know if Hacher uses flat sapphire or domed?

S

·
0 Posts
I agree...I'm not a fan of cropped numerals either.

I'll check those links.

Anyone know if Hacher uses flat sapphire or domed?
Can´t remember all the watches I´ve seen. But if I remember right for the most of them: flat.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Apparently directly from Hacher, although I'm amazed at the low feedback. If I'm not mistaken, they have been doing this for quite a while already, so I don't understand the feedback score.

Ebay.de, search for Hacher.
I don't get it either I checked them out about 6 months ago and then they had way over 100 feedback :think: (positive feedback that is).

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a Hacher Stratos, purchased about a year and a half ago, form a German AD. My watch has the now discontiued (on the Stratos) 12 hr bezel for a second tiemzone. The watch is solid and very well made. The front and back crystals are flat saphire. It is yet another variation on the tried and true "flieger" theme, but I do think it is indeed a viable alternative to the other brands. I was thinking of selling it, but now maybe I'll keep it.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts