WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stopped by an AD & Omega boutique today; I remember seeing a Daytona several years ago & really loving the watch. I've been researching the watch here & at TRF the last several days & have read about the pros/cons, I must say I was very underwhelmed when I saw it today. (I did love the Explorer & hope to add one in the short-term)

I've been thinking about getting a Reverso Duo (one of 3 Duos, either the 'regular' Duo, the Grande Duo or the Grande Duo GMT). I tried the Grande Duo but unfortunately it didn't seem to fit correctly, I guess my wrist is more round than flat! They didn't have the 'regular' Duo to try on (which is a bit smaller). I must say that I've been admiring the Master Calendar 'from a distance' & finally had the chance to try one on today, it's a beautiful watch that fit very nice! It might just be the one!

I've also been considering a VC Overseas 3-hander (would likely have to be used), unfortunately I don't have a VC AD close by.

Any recommendations for a 'dressier sport' watch with a white dial? Would like a 40-42mm watch that is available w/ a nice bracelet, also would like watch that's not too thin or too thick, one that's similar to my 2254.50.

BTW, I know the AT8500 & GS are going to be recommended; not interested in either at this point. (I really liked the white-dialled Deville with Roman numerals but I'm looking for a non-Omega for this purchase). Also, I like the GO PML but its a bit too thick.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Have you considered another Speedy? I really like the 35th anniversary Apollo LE. These come up every so often in the sales forum here and on Ebay. Of course it's pretty similar to the Daytona in appearance, not exactly dressy......But I really like it.

(not my pic)

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, I know the AT8500 & GS are going to be recommended; not interested in either at this point.
No reason to mess around. Just get the Snowflake:

I swear this forum needs a 'banghead' smilie, lol...

White dialed Exp II. Nothing else compares if your criteria is just a white dialed sport watch.
Although I'm a big fan of the white Exp II, it won't work for me...I think it's way too sporty for my purposes. Also, I despise the wart.

Have you considered another Speedy? I really like the 35th anniversary Apollo LE. These come up every so often in the sales forum here and on Ebay. Of course it's pretty similar to the Daytona in appearance, not exactly dressy......But I really like it.

Good recommendation, I'm thinking about re-installing a panda dial on my Speedy

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Let's see: no Omega or GS; 40-42mm; white dial; roman numerals...how about the Zenith Heritage?

03_2010_681-11_c493-_main.jpg
(pic from www)

or, if you prefer a chrono (but without roman numerals) maybe the Zenith Captain

18_2110_400-01_c498-_main.jpg
(pic from www)
I believe there is an equivalent stainless steel model.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I recommend either a preowned VC Overseas or AP RO 15300.. Blancpain Leman Grande Date Flyback Chronograph should also fit the bill nicely, but I don't know whether they come in white dial..

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I've also been considering a VC Overseas 3-hander (would likely have to be used), unfortunately I don't have a VC AD close by.
Towson, MD too far away?

Reactions: IGotId

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let's see: no Omega or GS; 40-42mm; white dial; roman numerals...how about the Zenith Heritage?

View attachment 891848
(pic from www)

or, if you prefer a chrono (but without roman numerals) maybe the Zenith Captain

View attachment 891859
(pic from www)
I forgot about Zenith! I like the 1st one. Don't think I need another chrono!

I recommend either a preowned VC Overseas or AP RO 15300.. Blancpain Leman Grande Date Flyback Chronograph should also fit the bill nicely, but I don't know whether they come in white dial..
I'll have to look up the BP...I'm not a fan of the AP...

Towson, MD too far away?
When you have 3 very young kids it is!

If you like the GO PML but not the thickness, what about the GO PanoReserve. Slightly thinner as a manual wind.
I know they look very similar I'm not that big a fan of the Panoreserve.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I think Ulysse Nardin deserves an honorable mention:

263-67-7m_40.jpg UN Maximarine Chronograph.jpg

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Zenith Captain

View attachment 891859
(pic from www)
Good suggestion. Earlier this year I was minutes away from buying this watch (but decided I wasn't ready for gold). The steel version has gold hour markers which I personally don't like (a little too close to two-tone for me), but is very nice.

I also really like the white dialed Speedmaster.

As for the Daytona, I find it too expensive for a chrono. I realize price is a common complaint about Rolex. I don't feel this way about many of their stainless models, however the Daytona is one that seems inflated due to demand.

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Another suggestion, if I may: I tried this watch today and was quite impressed...Tudor Heritage Advisor:

Tudor_Heritage_Advisor.jpg
(pic from www)

The package includes a textile strap and a choice of leather or metal bracelet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts