WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I had the camera on the tripod so why waste an opportunity to shoot a few more pics of the newest droolworthy Doxa. This watch just gets better the more I look at it. I hate to keep saying how good it is because you all know I've never met a Doxa I didn't like :) but Rick and the gang, really, really, really got it right with the SUB 5000T.

Pete

·
Registered
189 Posts
Doc,

You take a fantastic picture. I'd love to see you take some shots of the 5000t sharky along side the pro, do you think you could get Rick to loan you one.

I don't know, I love orange faced watches but if I could only have one 5000t I think the Sharkhunter has pulled ahead by a nose. It just sings to me I guess.
Randy

·
Registered
905 Posts
You know Pete the more I look at your pics of the 5000T the more I am happy about ordering one. A lot of people commented about the hands being SS but I really like the way the reflect the different colors ... sometimes they look silver other times black ... looks great to me.

Keep one shooting I like to look!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Great shots Pete. I especially like the Caribb GMT / Seaconqueror comparison - these are the next 2 Doxas coming for me, and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I really am starting to like the look of this watch. I'm tempted to sell a couple of my other Doxa's to fund this one but I'm nervous about the size of it. I remember Pete writing something about it might be too big for small wristed people. The pictures of it on his wrist have looked pretty good. I guess I have until March to make a decision.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Wayne,

I know how you feel about the 750T case size. I think that the 6 1/2 inchers are at the bottom of the range for this watch. At first I thought that it might be just a little large/heavy but that I could probably live with it.
I had a T-Graph so know approximately what I am in for. I would guess that it is very similar with the beefier bracelet although a bit less thick.
After looking at the photos, I couldn't help myself. I think the 5000t is a stunning watch.
I ordered the Sharkhunter as I have a 750T Sharkie now and still think the black dial appears a bit smaller than the Pro.
In the end the rugged gorgeousness (word?) of the 5000T will win out over concerns of being a tad too big.
Good luck in your decision.

Bill

·
Registered
341 Posts
Pete, I too am on the fence about the 5000T...any chance you could post (or point me to them if you already have :)) pics of the watches from the side view? I am trying to determine how high it sits...I love my T-Graph Sharkie, but I find that it's a little to high and I keep whacking it on things :-x!!! If the size is right, I might just have to thin the herd to get one...but I must admit, I'd rather wait for a Caribbean 5000T if they are going to make one...if not, I guess I could settle for a Sharkhunter...:-d:-d:-d!!

thanks...

Jeremy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts