WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. First time here. First time posting.
I love watches and have a small but good collection.
After almost a year of looking at watches and saving up I am looking for a "pre owned' Seamaster Planet Ocean 2200.50.00 -
I just turned 40 and though I am not one to buy myself anything other then basics, I feel like this watch defines me.
QUESTION IS: I need to find in close to HALF the retail price. - I don't mind if it is slightly used. Any ideas what sites besides Wingate's I should look? Thanks!

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
[email protected] are you related to watch-man7777? Welcome to the forum by the way. Check your PM.

~JB

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Ok. First time here. First time posting.
I love watches and have a small but good collection.
After almost a year of looking at watches and saving up I am looking for a "pre owned' Seamaster Planet Ocean 2200.50.00 -
I just turned 40 and though I am not one to buy myself anything other then basics, I feel like this watch defines me.
QUESTION IS: I need to find in close to HALF the retail price. - I don't mind if it is slightly used. Any ideas what sites besides Wingate's I should look? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.
Slightly used is OK huh? Good luck.
If you find one, see if they have two. I'd love one at that price.
I'd rather have a new one from an AD at half price. Actually, if you
can find one at 75% off with a $100 bill in the box, I'd be much
happier. Good Luck!
jim

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Try the forum favourite AD, I didnt buy off him because I cant justify the cash right now but I was pleasantly surprised by the price. Ask for a quote.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Surf at the "Bay". You may find one, but there are a lot of fakes out there, so be sure to run it by us first. Oh and I doubt very seriously that you will find a slightly used one at half retail. I would expect maybe $1900-$2000 to be a good target for a decent used one depending on age, condition, and supporting documentation. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Keep an eye on the SC also. I sold my 6 months old PO for $1750 which is about half price of retail.

- Hiro

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Keep an eye on the SC also. I sold my 6 months old PO for $1750 which is about half price of retail.

- Hiro
I did not know you sold your PO Hiro. Too bad my friend. :-( Not to worry though, you will be back. No one leaves the POO! HAHAHAAA!!!

~JB

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
I did not know you sold your PO Hiro. Too bad my friend. :-( Not to worry though, you will be back. No one leaves the POO! HAHAHAAA!!!

~JB
It just didn't fit right on my wrist James. I might just pick up the 2254 soon or AT. ;-)

- Hiro

·
Registered
3,644 Posts

- Hiro
1750 for a PO! Please let my know the next time you want to sell a watch.
Interested in selling your Speedy?

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
I might just pick up the 2254 soon or AT. ;-) - Hiro
Oooo. |> Fav AD has a couple 2254's still in stock I read in someones post on this forum.

~JB

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
1750 for a PO! Please let my know the next time you want to sell a watch.
Interested in selling your Speedy?
Hehehe....Andrés,

Speedy is my personal grail, so unfortunately unavailable......:-d

Anyway, since I used my PO for 6 months, the price I paid - 100 x 6 = 1750.
As I got a great deal on my Speedy (less than 60% of retail), I thought the next owner of my PO should also get a great deal too. So, everyone is happy.:)

I also sold my NM Electric Blue for $875. I only paid $1100 and used it for a bit over two months. Hence $875. Again, the buyer is very happy. :-!

- Hiro

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
What a Gent, who wouldn't buy a watch of this guy?!? :-!
I tried, but was about ten minutes too late!

Braverman, I'll echo the sentiments most have already given. The Sales Forum here can be a great place to find pre-owned pieces of varying condition and price. You just need to find the right combination of price/condition/seller for your needs.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
I agree with Spoge. You´re a true Gent, Hiro. Enjoy that beautiful Speedy.
Thanks Andrés! I have been wearing my Speedy for about 3 weeks straight and still keeps staring at it. :-d

- Hiro

1 - 20 of 20 Posts