WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Halios Seaforth Series IV - Pics now available

10K views 63 replies 39 participants last post by  gomperzz 
Has that been par for the course in their previous releases? Not sure what's so alluring about this particular brand/model for this to happen.
Yes. That is the entire brand. At this point there’s just such steam behind it that if you can, you may as well get one as it immediately appreciates by 30% regardless of whether or not you care about the watch

Gotta say the pepto looks amazing. Not something I’d wear I don’t think but a stunner in pics and sure to get those scalpers a scalpin

i also wonder this. I think they are nice, but am not understanding the large secondary market premium or the lotteries. I’d love it if someone that has experience with these watches could shed some light.
It doesn't matter about the actual watches anymore. They're good and always stylish, but at this point it's already been established that this market insanity will happen so people buy them to resell immediately, which drives prices up to a grand on the popular colorways instantly. For those who aren't willing to do the homework and the legwork it takes to get one at retail, this is essentially the retail price. Even this secondary buyer can overpay with little worry because they know the limited nature of the release means their depreciation on a well kept piece is minimal.

Halios supports this by making the buying process a vague and virtually impossible feat for all but the most vigilant...which is honestly a brilliant strategy for a smaller brand that can't afford to produce in volume. Knowing your releases will sell out in nanoseconds is a great proposition that removes a lot of risk.

I also continue to not understand what the big deal is. What do these do that a Chris Ward Trident or Sealander don't? If anything, I think the Sealander is a much cleaner design - I've always thought that the fixed bezel Seaforth looked like a quick and dirty hackjob.

The prior bezel insert design was a Blancpain copy....I think? I forget exactly where the dots and numbers came from, but it definitely wasn't remotely original. The new one is a Seamaster 300 copy. The colors are...fine...I guess? Markers and hands aren't in any way special. Again......don't get it.

A used Halios and a used Monta Oceanking cost basically the same. Wouldn't be a tough choice for me.
Appreciate. It's that simple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.