WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question about this Hamilton Bubble Watch pendant and I do not know much about it. I asked a TAG Heuer/ Rolex dealer about how to wind it and was told for old watches "wind it about 30x's". I did not like nor take this advice. The Hamilton in the photos here was wound my me 10x's and it ran perfectly for about 28 hours. Problem is when I reset the time to check it's accuracy again (pulled stem/crown 2 clicks) and pushed the stem/crown in 1 click to wind it briefly again it is free moving and not winding. I do not think I stripped the mechanisms but what happened...?? :-s
Hamilton #1.jpg
Hamilton #2.jpg
Hamilton #3.jpg

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
I never saw that style of ladies Hamilton

You can wind a watch till it will not wind any more.

Sounds like the winding stem on your watch has come loose. Any jeweler can repair easily

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, thank you both for your responses! I am not an expert on watches by any means but when I come across them (via family or other) I like to learn about them so your information helps. Do I have to take it to a specialty jeweler (e.g. Tag Heuer Rolex or Hamilton dealer)? I am curious to find out the date (approximate) of this neat little Hamilton watch pendant if anyone knows? Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
18,180 Posts
Dates to approximately the middle 60's.

This is the first non-Chinese one I have seen. The optics are much better... quite fetching actually :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Eeeb! Thanks for the info. It is a neat piece with the ability to see the "gears". I might just wear it as the pendant and then find someone to fix it down the road. Thanks for your help. Cheers!

·
Registered
18,180 Posts
Hello Eeeb! Thanks for the info. It is a neat piece with the ability to see the "gears". I might just wear it as the pendant and then find someone to fix it down the road. Thanks for your help. Cheers!
I suspect any decent watchmaker could fix it. It needs to be serviced before use anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I will check with a local watchmaker to get it serviced and have them check out the stem for why it's not winding. Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts