WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Hamilton Khaki Frogman H77716533. This is my first auto chrono. My time function works great but my chrono function isn't working. When I hit the start button to begin timing, the second hand does not move.

Does the watch have to be fully wound in order for the chrono function to work? or did I get a busted Hamilton.

Any help would be great. Thanx

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,626 Posts
I just received my Hamilton Khaki Frogman H77716533. This is my first auto chrono. My time function works great but my chrono function isn't working. When I hit the start button to begin timing, the second hand does not move.

Does the watch have to be fully wound in order for the chrono function to work? or did I get a busted Hamilton.

Busted <|

It sounds like the chrono function needs some adjustment or repair.

Does the watch keep ticking when you try to run the chrono, or does it stop under the extra load? I've seen that problem on a couple of Chinese 7750 copies.

·
Registered
10 Posts

did u find out anything on thsi problem?i just bought this model and i am worried now..

·
Registered
5 Posts
did u find out anything on thsi problem?i just bought this model and i am worried now..
I just bought mine too and immediately noticed that the chrono movement, although working, had a slightly staggering movement when compared to the other automatics that I own. It runs on the Valjoux 7750 like the Oris Flight Timer but my OFT's movement is silky smooth.

I brought it to the Swiss Watch Center to appraise and make sure I got a legit piece and they said that it is indeed an official piece but the reason for the staggering movement was due to a faulty spring and a second hand. Fortunately this was all covered by my warranty but it did take a little away from the Hamilton brand equity in my book.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts