WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-s So it’s like this.... I have a soft spot for Chronographs and Stopwatches..... If you pressed me as to why?... Well being a good cook and spending time at the Grill has me using the Chronometer complication for the measuring of elapsed time, this feature is essential in my opinion. So the chronograph or at least a moveable Bezel which can move both clockwise and counterclockwise is optimal.

Now about Hamilton.... a Hamilton chronograph to be specific... of those made in the last 20 years with available, and accurate movements available in the repair stream... which Hamilton should I look for? And why? 14mm high is as tall as I can bear. My wrist is 7 1/4” so bezel width is optimal at 42 or 43mm.

Which Hammy Chronograph should I search for? Stainless and black or panda face is fine. Date is fine. Split seconds is nice. (Btw love the dual second hand of the Certina DS-2 Flyback which splits.J

Which model Hamilton should I look for?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Breaks a few of your rules, but I personally think the 2011 pan europ LE chrono in blue is the best looking hammy, with the original 1971 also a beaut. To me nothing else is from Hamilton is as good.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
I have a Hamilton Intra-Matic Chrono; and, it is a great watch. However, the Hamilton chronograph I would recommend for you is the following Khaki Field Auto Chrono. As to why? It is because of the synthetic strap and the nature of your job.

h71626735_9.png

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Having relied upon a Hammy Khaki chrono to smoke more than my share of brisket over the years, I can 2nd the above mentioned opinion..and pre-used Khakis at reasonable prices should be easy to find..here's a pic of mine..
Hamilton Khaki Chrono brwndial(1).jpg

Having said that, if I were you, I would opt for the Intra-Matic panda(white dial, black sub-dials)..one of the best looking chronos out there, regardless of price, imo..and would be great in a casual business atmosphere..and sports a 40mm SS case, as well..good luck hunting!!..
https://shop.hamiltonwatch.com/h38416711-intra-matic-auto-chrono.html

Reactions: mayo1981

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
:-s So it’s like this.... I have a soft spot for Chronographs and Stopwatches..... If you pressed me as to why?... Well being a good cook and spending time at the Grill has me using the Chronometer complication for the measuring of elapsed time, this feature is essential in my opinion. So the chronograph or at least a moveable Bezel which can move both clockwise and counterclockwise is optimal.

Now about Hamilton.... a Hamilton chronograph to be specific... of those made in the last 20 years with available, and accurate movements available in the repair stream... which Hamilton should I look for? And why? 14mm high is as tall as I can bear. My wrist is 7 1/4” so bezel width is optimal at 42 or 43mm.

Which Hammy Chronograph should I search for? Stainless and black or panda face is fine. Date is fine. Split seconds is nice. (Btw love the dual second hand of the Certina DS-2 Flyback which splits.J

Thanks in advance.
H715560... if you can find one...classic styling...42mm...Valjoux 7750 movement...they’ve been discontinued for several years.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

Thanks in advance.
H715560... if you can find one...classic styling...42mm...they’ve been discontinued for several years.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Does Hamilton offer a quartz chronograph?
Joe

I just found lots of them. I should have researched first. Oh well, no harm intended.
Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Both of these are damned nice!

I have these two and I love both of them.

I would also be keen on the new blue or white dialed versions of the Intramatic. Or, as stated in the previous post, the original blue LE version of the Pan Europ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JonS1967

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have these two and I love both of them.

I would also be keen on the new blue or white dialed versions of the Intramatic. Or, as stated in the previous post, the original blue LE version of the Pan Europ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, you black face Hamilton is stunning!

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Jack Ryan Chrono......comes on a synthetic strap, but very strappy!

80C1618D-EB5C-4B09-9D57-0CA3D6AD3E69.jpeg

Reactions: NC_Hager626

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have any experience of running the intra matic chrono constantly. Love the sweeping hands but wouldn’t really want to be causing damage to the movement!

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts