WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
534 Posts
Re: Hamilton Field Auto chrono: case difference between strap and bracelet model

Funny you should post on this topic- I'm doing the exact same thing, only a couple of steps ahead of you. I ordered the bracelet (which arrived yesterday and looks pretty good, btw) and the watch is at the AD now, where their jeweler/repairman is going to see if he can drill a couple of new indentations in the lugs for the different springbar placement. I don't know if it's possible for him to do it, I don't know how much they'll want to charge to do it and I don't know how it will look when, or if, it gets done. However, I'll let you know what I find out.

· Banned
534 Posts
Nope. Apparently, Hamilton makes cases that are the same size and look exactly alike, but have different locations for the springbars, depending on whether it leaves the factory with a bracelet or a strap. Afterwards, you can't swap one for the other without taking power tools to the lugs. On my watch, I stuck the endlinks into the lugs (without the bracelet or springbars) and looked to see where the holes should be. They're off by about 1-2 mm. Stupid design by Hamilton, if you ask me, but obviously, they didn't.

BTW, the thread titled "Hamilton quality...." discusses this subject and includes some pics that might be helpful, if you haven't found it already. Oh, and the watch shop called and said mine is ready, so I'll go pick it up and see what sort of alterations they made and let you know how it turned out. Hopefully, I'll be really happy about it. I really like the watch, but hate the strap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.