WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
737 Posts
Nope. Apparently, Hamilton makes cases that are the same size and look exactly alike, but have different locations for the springbars, depending on whether it leaves the factory with a bracelet or a strap. Afterwards, you can't swap one for the other without taking power tools to the lugs. On my watch, I stuck the endlinks into the lugs (without the bracelet or springbars) and looked to see where the holes should be. They're off by about 1-2 mm. Stupid design by Hamilton, if you ask me, but obviously, they didn't.
It's not only the springbar location....the lugs themselves are different. I"ve owned a couple of Hamilton Khaki chronos (I made a post about this on here or on TZ....can't remember now), but the lugs are longer on the bracelet version and have a straight end. On the strap version, the lugs are shorter and are rounded slightly.

I found this out the hard way when I bought a bracelet version, sold the bracelet and put on a leather strap. There was a big gap between the strap and the end of the case that looked odd.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.